Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:07 AM   #1
borgqueenx
macrumors 6502a

We need better emulators

Gpsphone is the only one that works well...its not updated for ios6 and probaly will not be for the next 2 months but n64iphone is nothing more then crap.
Looking at android, i cant believe the difference. N64oid is perfect it plays almost every game with good fps too! Isnt it arm based? Why cant a port be made?
Why doesnt ios attract more devs to make emulators? Id pay for it. And if a dev spends a good time on it, he can make it well secured against pirates.
borgqueenx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:24 AM   #2
MetalGearTW
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Gpsphone is the only one that works well...its not updated for ios6 and probaly will not be for the next 2 months but n64iphone is nothing more then crap.
Looking at android, i cant believe the difference. N64oid is perfect it plays almost every game with good fps too! Isnt it arm based? Why cant a port be made?
Why doesnt ios attract more devs to make emulators? Id pay for it. And if a dev spends a good time on it, he can make it well secured against pirates.
i have GBA.emu, GBC.emu, NES.emu, MD.emu and Snes9X on my iPhone (all attainable through Cydia) and they've on the same level of quality as YongZh emulators for Android when it comes to user interface, features and compatibility.

I cannot find a decent PSX or N64 emulator for iPhone though
MetalGearTW is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:27 AM   #3
LucidDreamz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I'm using GBA.emu on my iPhone 4S running 6.1 and so far I haven't had any problems with it yet, and in my opinion I think it's better then gpsPhone.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGearTW View Post
i have GBA.emu, GBC.emu, NES.emu, MD.emu and Snes9X on my iPhone (all attainable through Cydia) and they've on the same level of quality as YongZh emulators for Android when it comes to user interface, features and compatibility.

If you find a N64 emulator in the near future could you possibly let me know?
LucidDreamz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:34 AM   #4
borgqueenx
macrumors 6502a

Ah yes i forgot gba snes ect do got decent emu's
Wish psx and n64 would get supported.
Can you tell if golden sun 2 runs with no music stutter on the gba emu?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:46 AM   #5
cobbyco
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGearTW View Post

This. All the .emu emulators are great, and with FullForce run full screen on iPhone 5/iPod touch 5th Gen.
cobbyco is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Adutrumque
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbyco View Post
This. All the .emu emulators are great, and with FullForce run full screen on iPhone 5/iPod touch 5th Gen.
Not needed lol. It's updated ..
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:12 AM   #7
sentinelsx
macrumors 68010

I wish a really good PSX emulator is made.

It is hard to play MGS1 on an iPhone, but on an iPad mini/full iPad it would be glorious! Too bad it is impossible to be played currently and we only have a lame duck hunt game from Konami in Appstore to fall back on.
sentinelsx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:15 AM   #8
hockey17
macrumors regular

Arrow

Gba.emu and gba.emu are great. I am having an issue where every gba game I download now won't load. All of them worked, and they still do, but any new ones I download won't work. Anyone else have this problem?
hockey17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:29 PM   #9
borgqueenx
macrumors 6502a

Someone try golden sun 1 or 2 please and tell me if the music stutters^^
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:12 PM   #10
RyanTheGeneral
macrumors regular

Quote:
Someone try golden sun 1 or 2 please and tell me if the music stutters^^
iPhone 5 6.1 gba.emu Golden sun - did not really play just turned on to listen to music for you- no stutter. Played a little Zelda LTTP and pokemon fire red and both run fine.
RyanTheGeneral is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:32 PM   #11
guitarmandp
macrumors 6502

The .emu emulators are great but they don't work we'll on iOS 6.

I would love to see an N64 emulator
guitarmandp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:30 AM   #12
borgqueenx
macrumors 6502a

Thanks for testing it indeed runs really smooth. Didnt expect that. Only problem i had with emu's in the past was that it play golden sun's music with alot of stutter.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:45 AM   #13
Boob
macrumors member

Is there any way to get emulators on iOS without jailbreak? I'd love to play some Pokemon silver
Boob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:49 AM   #14
borgqueenx
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boob View Post
Is there any way to get emulators on iOS without jailbreak? I'd love to play some Pokemon silver
Impossible.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:56 AM   #15
viperGTS
macrumors 6502a

I totally agree with you. Psx4all is crap, honestly. Games lag on my 4S which they normally shouldn't. Considering a galaxy S can play most games at very good speeds...
viperGTS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:14 AM   #16
borgqueenx
macrumors 6502a

Playing compressed psx games and n64 games is on my wishlist for ios^^
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:05 AM   #17
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Why doesnt ios attract more devs to make emulators? Id pay for it.
iOS just can't be compared to Android in this respect. On iOS, few people jailbreak and even fewer actually pay for Cydia apps. On Android, you can use N64oid without even rooting. This means emu devs will always prefer Android to iOS - it's just much more profitable.

We can all "thank" Apple for this.
Menneisyys2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:57 AM   #18
borgqueenx
macrumors 6502a

Both similar hardware. Means porting this effort shouldnt be that hard. I guess still a fair sum of work but not as much as coding from scratch.
Proper security against pirates and they can make alot of money from ios.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:35 AM   #19
Adutrumque
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGeneral View Post
iPhone 5 6.1 gba.emu Golden sun - did not really play just turned on to listen to music for you- no stutter. Played a little Zelda LTTP and pokemon fire red and both run fine.
Pokemon firered has some issues if you compare it to emerald. Random stuttering can occur and is being solved by going back to the Gba menu. That is pretty annoying.
Gba.emu.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks