Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:08 AM   #1
RezBlack
macrumors newbie

Apples replacing my iMac, but which model?

Hey,

So I bought a 27" iMac mid 2011 model. Unfortunately I didn't have the money for AppleCare.

I bought the computer in August 2011 and its worked great up until this November, which, unfortunately, is a few months past its 1 year warranty.

I brought it in and they told me I needed to replace the video card. So, 435 dollars later, I get my imac back, but it still crashes.

I bring it back, they now tell me the HD is failing. They swap it out with a new one free of charge. I get it back, it still crashes.

I bring it back, now it's the LCD screen. They replace it free. I get it back, it's kinda working, but now the Internet doesn't work. I bring it back. They forgot to connect the airport card(or something) and they repair it free. I bring it home, later that night, same kinda crash.

I bring it back, they tell me it's the temp sensor. They replace it free. I get home. Works okay, but notice its a bit slow. I check and realize 4gb of ram is missing. Apple tells me it's their bad and gives me. New stick. A day later, it crashes the same way.

I bring it back, they tell me they need it for 48 hours to stress test it.

They called me today to inform me they're just going to give me a new computer but it will take 2-3 weeks.

My long winded question I guess are they going to give me a mid 2011 model or a new thin model?
RezBlack is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac