Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Does the small dark patch under the FC look like a scratch or dirt? I think it's dirt but I don't know how to get it off. I can't get it off with a dry cloth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 365

bobbysmith

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
Seriously? The back is 100 % waterproof. Soak part of a towel with water and rub hard on the spot, then dry it off. If it's still there, it's a scratch. There's no need to baby it.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Flip it over, download some apps and use the thing as intended.

Yes but what if it was like that out of the box and the store refuse to replace it leaving me feeling ripped off.

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
Go to the store and return the iPad - then - go home. From there you don't buy :apple: products anymore and live ever happy after.

Get real, really.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Go to the store and return the iPad - then - go home. From there you don't buy :apple: products anymore and live ever happy after.

Get real, really.

Yes but what if they refuse to do that. The store only let's you return faulty products and apparently this doesn't count as faulty.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
It's best to accept the fact that Apple over-hypes their products.

As you can see by many of the responses to your post, most buyers don't care.

That's true actually. I only care because Apple products are so expensive.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
It's just a little scratch, does it hamper your iPad experience? I'd understand being upset if the screen was scratched, the the back was badly dinged and dented, but this is a barely noticable mark.

If you're feeling burned over something like this, considering the price, then return the iPad, by a cheaper tablet, and wrap it in bulletproof kevlar.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
It's just a little scratch, does it hamper your iPad experience? I'd understand being upset if the screen was scratched, the the back was badly dinged and dented, but this is a barely noticable mark.

If you're feeling burned over something like this, considering the price, then return the iPad, by a cheaper tablet, and wrap it in bulletproof kevlar.

Its quite noticeable outside and theres also a few scuffs around the edge but I suppose youre right, it will end up like that anyway with use.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Why not grab a case or skin? I know it's not the same as having it naked, but it would give you better piece of mind at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.