Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Oh. Cool?

If the floor is fine, then... some more cool, I guess?

BluePhilG

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Pictures? LOL

None necessary. No dings, scratches, nothing. I was actually really expecting a shattered screen, to be honest, but nope, all is well :D

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
Wow, that's whats great about non rotational drives. I still can't get used to being able to move it while it's on!

I remember drives in the 80s would crash if you even typed too aggressively or bumped your desk!

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Wow, that's whats great about non rotational drives. I still can't get used to being able to move it while it's on!

I remember drives in the 80s would crash if you even typed too aggressively or bumped your desk!

Modern spinning drives are a lot better in this regard, especially if the machine has a motion sensor in it (like the MBPs do).

symber

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
London
I did the exact same thing. For me, I left my desk to go to the kitchen, accidentally snagged the mains plug with my foot and the MBA came crashing to the ground. I couldn't move for about 10 seconds, just held my hand over my mouth for a while until I had the courage to check it.

All fine!

Mopar

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
This is one of the main reasons I keep buying Airs. They're tough SOBs.

smashie

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2009
Not so Lucky

I was not so lucky, i had to take my MBA out my bag going through airport

security and at the other end as i collected bag, jacket, belt and MBA it slipped

from my grasp and ended up on the airport floor.

Luckily it works fine but front right where it should be a smooth curve

( a feature of the MBA for me) there is a dent where it almost looks square

:eek: :(

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
It is a damn good design. I have dropped mine several times, and dropped equipment on it.

JUST DONT SPILL WINE ON THE KEYBOARD!!!!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

FuNGi

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2010
California
Cool story bro. I spilt a beer down the screen onto the logic board and mine still works. Some times my number 9 key makes a crunchy noise though. Also, I like turtles.

BluePhilG

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Wow, thanks for your replies. These things really are tough. Would be great if Apple used Nano coating on all their products too... But I guess that would also close off a revenue stream (Although maybe there will be market pressure now from the release of the Sony Xperia Z...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.