Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Designed4Mac
macrumors regular

iTunes Problem!

Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place but with iTunes being an app i thought id start here.

My problem is this.... I have my itunes folder stored on an external drive which is connected to my mac mini. I also have a 2102 MBA which has 128SSD. i have back to mac switched on both so i am able to share folders between both devices. Everything works fine until i have itunes open on the MM and try to open it on the MBA. For some reason i have to close itunes on the MM before i can open it on the MBA. This only really causes a problem if i am listening to music on the MM and my daughter wants to listen at the same time on the MBA.

Anyone have any ideas how to get around this??
Designed4Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:11 AM   #2
tdhurst
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Sharing

Are you sharing your entire music folder or just the music itself?

Only one computer at a time can access the iTunes library file (same thing happens when multiple users try to use a shared iTunes library on the same computer).

I believe what you need to do is make sure you each have your own iTunes folder, and only share the music files themselves.
tdhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Designed4Mac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhurst View Post
Are you sharing your entire music folder or just the music itself?

Only one computer at a time can access the iTunes library file (same thing happens when multiple users try to use a shared iTunes library on the same computer).

I believe what you need to do is make sure you each have your own iTunes folder, and only share the music files themselves.
Problem solved.

Duplicated iTunes folder and pointed MM to one and MBA to the other = one happy daughter
Designed4Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store