Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Blakeasd
macrumors 6502a

Embed YouTube Video in Application

Hello,

Does anyone know of a relatively simple way to embed a YouTube video into a Mac Application? For example, this application actually embeds the entire YouTube web player in to the program. I know how to use a WebKit view, but what about isolating just the web player. I looked into YouTube's JSON API, but I'm completely lost. I saw this documentation , but I don't understand how this relates to Objective-C and Cocoa. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Blakeasd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Ap0ks
macrumors regular

The easiest way is to create a WebView and use the link from the YouTube API (http://www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO_ID) as the source URL and it'll load the YouTube video player and the video. You'll need to do more digging/research to make a fully functional YouTube app but just using the link should get you started.
Ap0ks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:39 PM   #3
Blakeasd
macrumors 6502a

Thank You!
Blakeasd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming