Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesseluke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
WOW :confused:- iTunes 11.0.1 does not track Play Count while Visualizer is playing?:eek:

UPDATE: - actually, iTunes does not track play counts when working in any other app also. I noticed this while writing this post - all the songs that played while I was posting this do not show a play count.

DOUBLE LAME !!!!

Last edited:

jesseluke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Report it as bug via apple.com/feedback.

I'd love to, But that brings me to a place where I need to actually speak with a representative. And frankly, all me customer support calls over the past year have deteriorated in quality and helpfulness. I lost my companies entire 2012 budget when the person said, "quit the numbers program" I insisted that would lose all the data, but he insisted, and guess what - it was gone forever, unable to be found or dupicated again. because they follow a script and do not listen to the actual problem.

Everytime I call anymore, they ask me to restart, reinstall, or some other process that takes hours to do, and means I need to start over again with everything. When I call back another day about the same problem, they start the process again. We never get to the actual reason I'm calling because they have to follow a script that can not handle a bug in the program.

So, in this case, where I have found, yet again, an obvious bug, they will insist that I reinstall iTunes, which will NOT solve the problem I'm calling about, but it will lose all my playlists and other information.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

jesseluke

macrumors newbie
Original poster

dirt farmer

Suspended
Feb 23, 2005
WOW :confused:- iTunes 11.0.1 does not track Play Count while Visualizer is playing?:eek:

UPDATE: - actually, iTunes does not track play counts when working in any other app also. I noticed this while writing this post - all the songs that played while I was posting this do not show a play count.

DOUBLE LAME !!!!

Hmmm... works for me. Be sure to let them know that when you file your report

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
Hmmm... works for me.

Works for me too, assuming I understood the reported problem. I played a song while running the iTunes Visualizer (in full screen). The song's play count was increased by 1.

iTunes 11.0.1 running under OS X 10.7.5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.