Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:19 PM   #1
ipedro
macrumors 68020

Any Pros using Flickr?

I've been using SmugMug for 5 years now and in all that time, I realized that I never really focused on selling prints. I've had maybe 5 or 6 orders ever and that's ok. It's never been my priority and it's not how I make my income. My priority now is to get my photos seen.

Smugmug recently doubled their prices from $150yr to $300. It made me reconsider whether I should keep it. Flickr is built into Aperture so it would be easy to share and manage my photos. Also, Flickr appears to be a much more community oriented website with a lot of photographers and sharing going on.

I used to use Flickr years ago but it kind of fell by the wayside back then. It recently got a lot of buzz for its new iOS app but has the Flickr community remained vibrant or have users migrated to Facebook like I suspect?

Any Pros using Flickr?

Last edited by ipedro; Feb 17, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
ipedro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography