Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isosuperbored

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
How can I play game music through the internal speaker? (I'll only play basic games like Pokemon.)

Last edited:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The iPod Touch 1G does not have an internal speaker. It only has a basic clicker, like the iPod Classic.

Isosuperbored

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Yea but, you can play the ringtones from the alarm app. Why wouldn't you be able to play an
8-bit soundtrack from Pokemon?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Yea but, you can play the ringtones from the alarm app. Why wouldn't you be able to play an
8-bit soundtrack from Pokemon?

Those aren't really ringtones. They're single bit noises. Game Boy sounds are far too complex for the first generation iPod Touch to create using its clicker. Game Boys have a real speaker and actual sound hardware. 1G iPod Touches have a crystal with two wires going into it, nothing more.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Those aren't really ringtones. They're single bit noises. Game Boy sounds are far too complex for the first generation iPod Touch to create using its clicker. Game Boys have a real speaker and actual sound hardware. 1G iPod Touches have a crystal with two wires going into it, nothing more.

Look at his forum username before answering his questions.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Look at his forum username before answering his questions.

I know what it is, but I have my own reasons for answering. And besides, some other person might Google this question in the future. (Even though it has been asked many times over the past five years.)

Isosuperbored

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
What about this? ---> http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/how-to-force-internal-speaker-function-for-ipod-touch-1g.314315/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.