Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:04 AM   #1
Bill Killer
macrumors 6502

I won't abandon my MBA again for a while

So today, I decided to make a jump from a mid-2011 13" MBA to a late-2012 13" rMBP.

Initially, I was sold on my decision. The screen looks incredible. The machine looks fantastic. It's very quiet.

But as the day went on, the more I realized that I had made a mistake. And mostly, for two reasons:

1) The lag on the rMBP. Yes, it's there. I wanted to believe everyone that it was overblown, but it's there. I normally have to have something along the line of 7-8 windows or applications open (unorganized multitasker), and this machine slowed down on my several times, even at the default resolution. My 2011 MBA lags every now and then as well, considering the workload, but I expect that from a less powerful machine that's 1.5 years older. Not the brand new MBP with Retina.

2) I didn't really anticipate this: it's uncomfortable to type. I took the MBA for granted. The thin bezel made typing incredibly comfortable, but the rMBP's front bezel is raised, sharp, and not very pleasant around the wrists.

So, the plan tomorrow is to take the rMBP back to the Apple Store. The screen is fantastic, but it's not enough of a trade-off, in my opinion.

I won't abandon you again, MBA.
Bill Killer is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air