Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lalacharlee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
I don't have a lot of time so I'll just tl'dr this

I'll charge my phone when I sleep and just the other night I took it off charge after about 7 hours of me sleeping, it said it was 98% which is weird cause it had so long. I used it for a bit about till 93% and turned it off then back on and it was back up to 96%

It's really bizarre it did this today aswell when I was down to 96% then went back up to 100%

It's so WEIRD

Any suggestions?

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
I don't have a lot of time so I'll just tl'dr this

I'll charge my phone when I sleep and just the other night I took it off charge after about 7 hours of me sleeping, it said it was 98% which is weird cause it had so long. I used it for a bit about till 93% and turned it off then back on and it was back up to 96%

It's really bizarre it did this today aswell when I was down to 96% then went back up to 100%

It's so WEIRD

Any suggestions?

Shut off the %meter and don't worry about a few points here and there. You'll drive yourself crazy over nothing.

Abarth1200

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Drain it all the way until it turns off then give it a full charge, the percentage meter needs calibrated and the only way to do this is start at zero

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Drain it all the way until it turns off then give it a full charge, the percentage meter needs calibrated and the only way to do this is start at zero

it doesnt actually matter. my phone always drops to 99 or 98 soon after i unplug it. if i reboot, it goes back to 100. no matter how many "recalibrations" you do. my iphone 4 did this, as does my iphone 5. i think its an ios issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.