Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:13 PM   #26
bonskovsky
Banned

Oh wait. I know why the iPhone 5 can't play high production games. It's only 16-32 GB per phone, and with everything else you have on it, it would be even less. You'd only have a few Gigs to spare. So therefore, there is just not enough space for a high quality game on your phone.

You would need a memory card.

When it comes to downloading games and the iPhone, it's all about quantity, not quality.

Thank you. I just answered my own question.

Last edited by bonskovsky; Feb 17, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
bonskovsky is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:38 PM   #27
glsillygili
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonskovsky View Post
With emulators of course. I think that's something the Jailbreak community needs. With the new technology in the iPhone 5, it would be possible, yes?
yea yea it works i play crysis 2 on my way to the work on the train here is the source

http://repo.youranidiot.com/
glsillygili is offline   1
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:00 PM   #28
robotphood
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonskovsky View Post
Oh wait. I know why the iPhone 5 can't play high production games. It's only 16-32 GB per phone, and with everything else you have on it, it would be even less. You'd only have a few Gigs to spare. So therefore, there is just not enough space for a high quality game on your phone.

You would need a memory card.

When it comes to downloading games and the iPhone, it's all about quantity, not quality.

Thank you. I just answered my own question.

Even the best portable gaming systems aren't aimed at the same goals as a full fledged console. Why would you expect a smartphone to be any different? As for quality, there is plenty of that but in a different aspect such as originality and gameplay. I'd prefer something like sword and sworcery over a high def shooter like modern warfare any day. But that's just me. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future smartphones could become a serious gaming platform through something like AirPlay. We just aren't there yet.
robotphood is offline   1
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:09 AM   #29
bonskovsky
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Even the best portable gaming systems aren't aimed at the same goals as a full fledged console. Why would you expect a smartphone to be any different? As for quality, there is plenty of that but in a different aspect such as originality and gameplay. I'd prefer something like sword and sworcery over a high def shooter like modern warfare any day. But that's just me. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future smartphones could become a serious gaming platform through something like AirPlay. We just aren't there yet.
I've played games on the PS Vita and they are an almost identical experience to a console game. Even if it's just ported.

Why would I expect a smartphone to do it?

Because it has the A6 chip?

I'm quite surprised by the quality of apps that sit at the top of the App Store right now. I'm not one that's find of word games, but Temple Run is just plain stupid. And if these iPads and iPhones are supposed to be "post PC devices", they better be doing more than just angry birds.
bonskovsky is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland