Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Fed
macrumors 6502

Map drive to iCloud

Obviously all of the data associated with my iCloud account is mine. Is there a way to map a network drive to my iCloud account to view what's in there and put stuff in it?
Fed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:35 AM   #2
richliang
macrumors newbie

Locating my Iphone5 using icloud

Dear all, I lost my phone where i had installed the icloud inside.
now i try to locate my phone and i can only see other except locate
my iphone. I think the person must had off the location setting on the
iphone... can still locate my iphone using the id... pls help..

Thank you
richliang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:08 AM   #3
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
Obviously all of the data associated with my iCloud account is mine. Is there a way to map a network drive to my iCloud account to view what's in there and put stuff in it?
No, there's no way to map a network drive. If you want to store data on iCloud, you must use an app that supports it like Pages or Numbers. You may look into getting something like Dropbox. It's free and may be what you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richliang View Post
Dear all, I lost my phone where i had installed the icloud inside.
now i try to locate my phone and i can only see other except locate
my iphone. I think the person must had off the location setting on the
iphone... can still locate my iphone using the id... pls help..

Thank you
If you are unable to see your iPhone from iCloud.com, someone may have erased it, turned it off, or disabled location services. You can tell Find My iPhone to notify you once the device comes online from iCloud.com.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:19 AM   #4
Fed
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
No, there's no way to map a network drive. If you want to store data on iCloud, you must use an app that supports it like Pages or Numbers. You may look into getting something like Dropbox. It's free and may be what you're looking for.
No, it's not what I'm looking for.

Shame.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:55 AM   #5
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
No, it's not what I'm looking for.

Shame.
What are you looking for? iCloud isn't designed as a bucket for you to store things in. While it does all you to store certain documents there, I look at it more of a syncing service than a storage service.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:47 PM   #6
Fed
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
What are you looking for? iCloud isn't designed as a bucket for you to store things in. While it does all you to store certain documents there, I look at it more of a syncing service than a storage service.
I understand. I do already have a DropBox account, Google Drive and probably a handful of others (including EverNote). It just irritates me that iCloud is currently syncing my contacts, calendar, reminders, passbook and application data. Yet, the one thing I can't do is view the data (in it's raw form) on the drive, e.g. look at the Day One entries, check out iA Writer documents and the like. If it allowed me to do this and offered the ability to drop my own documents as well, I'd easily upgrade to more storage.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:57 PM   #7
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I understand. I do already have a DropBox account, Google Drive and probably a handful of others (including EverNote). It just irritates me that iCloud is currently syncing my contacts, calendar, reminders, passbook and application data. Yet, the one thing I can't do is view the data (in it's raw form) on the drive, e.g. look at the Day One entries, check out iA Writer documents and the like. If it allowed me to do this and offered the ability to drop my own documents as well, I'd easily upgrade to more storage.
I gotcha. If I could use it like Dropbox as well, I'd sign up for more storage in a heartbeat. I completely understand what you're saying.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services