Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g4 powerbookboy

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2010
I tried installing this on my iBook g4 1.2 running leopard 10.5.8 and I do not get the background only get a changed dock and side bars for some reason??

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
Snow Leopard Theme?

Does anyone have the Snow Leopard Theme or did it not exist? I thought I saw a Snow Leopard based theme for putting on top of Leopard.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Does anyone have the Snow Leopard Theme or did it not exist? I thought I saw a Snow Leopard based theme for putting on top of Leopard.

Do you want a ML theme for Snow Leopard or a Snow Leopard theme for Leopard?

g4 powerbookboy

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2010
Looks like I got it working, have the mountain lion dock and scroll bars, downloaded the mountain lion wallpaper unless there is a better background that is easy to install. looks great so far though. the about this mac screen still looks like everything before lion though but thats ok not a big deal

drewsy1

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2009
Pineville, LA
So I kinda made an extremely stupid, n00bish mistake
I used to use this theme on my Intel Leopard Macbook because it worked and it looked pretty. I switched to Snow Leopard and absent-mindedly ran the installer.
I no longer have title buttons.
How can I manually fix this? The uninstaller only restores original Leopard assets.
Thanks in advance.

I only belatedly noticed that there is a Snow Leopard version of this theme, but the link (macthemes is what it says in the address bar) doesn't seem to work. Any link to this version of the theme? Perhaps I can install that one and get a functioning Mountain Lion theme to replace my broken one.

Last edited:

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
First off, I want to say this is some great work.

Secondly, I want to point out two "bugs" in the current theme. First, since window colors are lighter in ML than in Leopard, the theme doesn't properly make all of the windows light. An example is Aurorafox -- the top part turns ML colored but the bottom half where the tabs are stay dark as in Leopard. Another issue is when you go to About this Mac; the mini buttons flake out if you hover over them.

Colpeas

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Rep.
Hello, Aquadock, first I would like to thank you for this lovely theme, it made my G5 a bit less obsolete :)

And secondly, I discovered two minor bugs you might want to fix in the next version (should there be any next version).

1) for some reason, the dock divider is invisible for me. I tried reinstalling the theme but to no avail, it still isn't there.
2) the dock has white corners on the bottom end. This is a funny issue, because they only show up, when I have an active app window opened on the desktop (which is obviously 99% of the time). If I hide the app, these white spots disappear...
it's kinda hard to explain what it actually looks like, so here are some screenshots instead.

http://i47.tinypic.com/nv9yzt.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/2e6eiwi.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/16ljpya.png

Except for these two bugs, your theme is amazing!

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
the dock has white corners on the bottom end. This is a funny issue, because they only show up, when I have an active app window opened on the desktop (which is obviously 99% of the time). If I hide the app, these white spots disappear...

The white 'dots' on the corner are from the way Leopard tries to reflect a window. If you drag the window away from the dock slightly, you'll see those dots disappear. As far I know there's no way around it.

As for the divider, I'm not sure. Try checking to see if the scurve files are actually there System-Library-CoreServices-Dock, Show Package Contents, Contents-Resources.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'm not sure the divider is a 'bug' either.
I have no problem seeing it in AquaDocks theme as shown in the attached pic.
It does take a 'mouse-over' to make it show though.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 105

Colpeas

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Rep.

No, the "drag area" works fine and I can even see the dragger, what I was talking about is this little groove. So since you don't have it there as well it's either a common problem or the groove is simply not a part of the theme. It is visible on the screenshot on the first page though...

See, this is what I'm talking about.
http://i49.tinypic.com/intjzp.jpg

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
3.0 released! Change log added.

Installer Uninstaller
Requirements: Mac running Leopard 10.5.8 with a PowerPC G4 or better processor.

The uninstaller didn't change all the computer icons to their default state, and it left the dock.

2) the dock has white corners on the bottom end. This is a funny issue, because they only show up, when I have an active app window opened on the desktop (which is obviously 99% of the time). If I hide the app, these white spots disappear...
it's kinda hard to explain what it actually looks like, so here are some screenshots instead.

The white 'dots' on the corner are from the way Leopard tries to reflect a window. If you drag the window away from the dock slightly, you'll see those dots disappear. As far I know there's no way around it.

Maybe this?

defaults write com.apple.dock hide-mirror -bool yes
killall Dock

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
That's purposely like that because I couldn't get ML separator to look good, the cursor is just like one mountain lion.
The uninstaller didn't change all the computer icons to their default state, and it left the dock.

Maybe this?

defaults write com.apple.dock hide-mirror -bool yes
killall Dock
I will look into it and fix it in the next version.
Ahm...that only makes the dock 2D.

In other lines... Any news about version 4, AquaDock? :D
It's coming ;) and about the lines I can't do much about them.
dam shame this dont work on 10.4.11 :-( it looks fantastic!
Someone posted a version for tiger somewhere here but I'm not sure where.

Arkious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2011
Newcastle, UK
That's purposely like that because I couldn't get ML separator to look good, the cursor is just like one mountain lion.

I will look into it and fix it in the next version.

It's coming ;) and about the lines I can't do much about them.

Someone posted a version for tiger somewhere here but I'm not sure where.

oooh al have to have a search, thanks :)

adriann1

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2013
2011 macbook

is there something like this or similar that works on my macbook 2.4ghz intel snow leopard 10.6.8 ?

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
is there something like this or similar that works on my macbook 2.4ghz intel ?
Just curious. Why would you want to emulate Mountain Lion by installing a theme on a Mac capable of actually running Mountain Lion?

The reason this theme exists is so that Leopard users who are 3 versions removed from Mountain Lion can make their Macs LOOK like they are running Mountain Lion.

I don't understand if you are running Mountain Lion (assuming you are) why you would want a theme that makes your Mac look exactly like it does now?

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
Just curious. Why would you want to emulate Mountain Lion by installing a theme on a Mac capable of actually running Mountain Lion?

Maybe he (like many others, including me) thinks that Snow Leopard was the last proper version of OS X, without the likes of 'iToys' in the form of Mission Control, Launchpad, and Notification Centre, and prefer's a sleek, fast experience over 'hundreds' of 'new' 'features' slowing his Mac down. Mix that with awful memory management (in Lion, anyway) & the general power-hungry environment you can find in Lion/Mountain Lion it's completely understandable that he's still on Snow Leopard.

The only reason I run Mountain Lion over 1. Snow Leopard on my MacBook is for iCloud support & over 2. Lion for the better memory management & new dock!

I don't understand if you are running Mountain Lion (assuming you are)

He states he's running Snow Leopard in his post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.