Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Macdude2010
macrumors 6502a

Apple upgraded my iPad from 3rd to 4th gen!

Hello macrumors,
I was one of the launch day buyers of the 3rd generation iPad, since then, I've had to replace it many (12-13) times, I've had ones crashing left and right, hardware glitches, dead pixels, hair under the screen, as well as one where parts of the backlight bar had died. I took the one that I had thought had the least problems, then, I was at my apple store on Friday, and was talking to the manager that had helped me from march-may, he said bring it in and I'll see what I could do (I hadn't done a swap in 9 months) so, yesterday, I went back in (also needed to get my rMBP fixed too, which that had another story all together) and I showed it to the manager, he got on the phone with AppleCare and processed an exchange, a little while later, he came out of the back with a brand new iPad 4th gen, we did the swap and first one was fine, so I took it home, very happily! I wouldn't try to do this, I had A LOT of problems, so I would think I have a very unique case.

Now, about the MacBook, I had no appointment, but the same manager went and got his best genius, immidatly the genius started to check out my computer, I told him about the crash that was eventually fixed, checked console logs and found a ton of crashes in my system, ran a diagnostics, screen was indeed bad as well as my thunderbolt port was broken too, this, coupled with the fact my computer creaked and the logic board made a hissing noise, he didn't even want to try to fix it, they said they want to replace my entire machine, the manager went and brought me a brand new computer, this also had an LG screen, and showed signs of IR. I told him about it, he undid the swap, gave me my computer back until a BTO order directly from the factory mare with a Samsung screen arrived in store, so there is also a possibility ill be getting the early 2013 edition to replace my 6 month old 2012. AMAZING CUSTOMER SUPPORT FROM THEM!
7 PowerPC's: 5 iPods
Macdude2010 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad