Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:34 PM   #51
Jalopybox
macrumors 6502a

Yep, happens on incoming calls only, Verizon iphone 5. Annoying.
Jalopybox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 08:31 AM   #52
woodyone200
macrumors newbie

Delay in hearing phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarl View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I didn't find anything. Anyway, when I receive a call and slide to answer if my phone is locked or pressing the green button if my phone is unlocked there is always this 1 or 2 second delay before I can hear the person who called me and before they can hear me. It's weird so I was hoping somebody has an answer or a suggestion as to what should I do about it. Thank you for reading guys
I believe that when a phone call is made it is first routed to a national government database which is the reason why you have to say hello twice. all in the name of terrorism. Another one of those Big Brother is watching, and now he is listening.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalopybox View Post
Yep, happens on incoming calls only, Verizon iphone 5. Annoying.
It also happens on landlines.
woodyone200 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2013, 07:18 AM   #53
sony83
macrumors newbie

Its been more than a year since this discussion started and yet the problem still persists. Came back to ios after about a year with a iphone 4s. Randomly face this problem..very irritating. However i have noticed that it seems to only happen when the iphone is woken by an incoming call after being in sleep (screen off) for longer than say 15 mins. Maybe the cpu take longer to come out of deep sleep mode and that is causing the audio delay once the incoming call is picked up...Did anyone ever manage to find a soultion?
sony83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2013, 07:29 AM   #54
pvmacguy
macrumors 65816

Pretty sure this is just the handoff of the cellular chip going from your primary data network to the calling network.

IE: att iphone 5 calls coming in your on LTE you answer you drop off LTE (only supports data) phone switches to 4G/3G network for call/data (att). End call (watch) takes about 2 seconds for the switch back to LTE. Pretty sure as these more advanced cellular chips develop more this lag time will decrease.
pvmacguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2013, 07:50 AM   #55
ABC5S
macrumors 6502a

Not only smartphones, but my Verizon flip phone (Manufacture-Samsung) also had this short delay, and had to say hello twice.
ABC5S is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:39 PM   #56
sony83
macrumors newbie

Noticed another thing..the lag happened on an incoming call last night and i think it continued for a good 10 secs as the person calling couldnot hear me clearly. Anyone experienced this? Or is it only a 2 to 3 sec lag?

I read somewhere that replacing the sim card (getting a new one) fixed this issue for some of the users. Will try that today (considering my existing sim card is like 6 yrs old)..I am on a GSM (2G) network though..lets c

Last edited by sony83; Oct 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
sony83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2013, 03:34 PM   #57
podant
macrumors newbie

Strange Lag/2 second delay when answering an incoming call

I've been experiencing this on my LAN line, not only on my cell phone. So that would indicate big brother to me.
podant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2013, 03:55 PM   #58
C DM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by podant View Post
I've been experiencing this on my LAN line, not only on my cell phone. So that would indicate big brother to me.
Yup, they are so advanced that they have to listen in on the direct lines and cause a delay that anyone can hear, that's some secretive stuff. ;-)
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone