Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:02 PM   #76
KoG506
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
You have to restore the phone to unlock it?

No, If you go to iphoneox.com and type in your IMEI # and it says "unlocked". You put in a sim card that is NOT At&t and plug iphone into computer open up itunes. Itunes will communicate with apple server and unlock your phone.
KoG506 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:00 AM   #77
ntnwwnet
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoG506 View Post
No, If you go to iphoneox.com and type in your IMEI # and it says "unlocked". You put in a sim card that is NOT At&t and plug iphone into computer open up itunes. Itunes will communicate with apple server and unlock your phone.
Why is everybody posting this site? Why should we put our IMEI numbers directly into another (rather sketchy) site?

Site info: http://whois.domaintools.com/iphoneox.com

It does not seem legitimate at all.
ntnwwnet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:15 AM   #78
SavMBP15
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntnwwnet View Post
Why is everybody posting this site? Why should we put our IMEI numbers directly into another (rather sketchy) site?

Site info: http://whois.domaintools.com/iphoneox.com

It does not seem legitimate at all.
It doesn't matter who has your IMEI. Take off your tinfoil hat.
SavMBP15 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:39 AM   #79
PaulKemp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOM View Post
You'd wind up paying full price since you won't get the phone on contract. Those phones may already be unlocked, but if not, you can submit a request to AT&T here.
Am I able to buy get the phone with the ATT 'no commitment' option at the Apple Store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOM View Post
Also, the Verizon iPhone 5 models are all completely unlocked, and will work in Europe just as well as the AT&T models. Actually, the Verizon models will even get LTE in the UK (on EE) and Germany (on Deutsche Telekom), but not Norway. So try a Verizon store, as well. People have reported using AT&T SIMs in Verizon iPhones with no issues.
I need the GSM version to work with the network specification we have here.
__________________
iMac i7 3.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram, 256 SSD | MBA 2011 i5 1.7 GHz, 4 GB Ram | Mini i7 2.0 GHz, 4 GB Ram, RAID 0 | iPad 2 16 GB | iPhone 5 16 GB | ATV 3
Remember to quote orignal post.

Last edited by PaulKemp; Sep 28, 2012 at 08:46 AM.
PaulKemp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:30 AM   #80
KPOM
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKemp View Post
Am I able to buy get the phone with the ATT 'no commitment' option at the Apple Store?
It's trickier now because most of the in-store stock is reserved for the online pre-purchase system they have in place. You cannot buy a phone with the "no-commitment" option from Apple's website. If they have any stock in store you can buy it "device only" and it will be unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKemp View Post
I need the GSM version to work with the network specification we have here.
The Verizon iPhone has a GSM radio in it. It's been confirmed to work with AT&T SIM cards here in the US. Actually, it is better in Europe than the AT&T version since it supports the LTE frequencies that EE and Deutsche Telekom use in the UK and Germany, respectively.

Both the AT&T and Verizon versions will run on 3G/HSPA networks in Europe.

You can also buy a "no-commitment" phone from an AT&T or Verizon store that has them in stock. Again, both have 3G radios compatible with Europe, and both should be unlocked.
KPOM is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:23 AM   #81
PaulKemp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOM View Post
You can also buy a "no-commitment" phone from an AT&T or Verizon store that has them in stock. Again, both have 3G radios compatible with Europe, and both should be unlocked.
Thanks for your replies. So I guess my best option is to walk into a ATT or Verizon store and see whether I can get hold of a 'no commitment' version there...
__________________
iMac i7 3.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram, 256 SSD | MBA 2011 i5 1.7 GHz, 4 GB Ram | Mini i7 2.0 GHz, 4 GB Ram, RAID 0 | iPad 2 16 GB | iPhone 5 16 GB | ATV 3
Remember to quote orignal post.
PaulKemp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:07 AM   #82
Sherifftruman
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
So, the correct procedure is to roger the unlock, once they get back to you and say you are good to go, then you restore your phone. Do you then have to set up as new first, before loading the backup or can you skip that step?
Sherifftruman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:38 AM   #83
KPOM
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKemp View Post
Thanks for your replies. So I guess my best option is to walk into a ATT or Verizon store and see whether I can get hold of a 'no commitment' version there...
You can try an Apple store in the evening to see if there are any no-shows. I'd suggest the Grand Central store if you are in New York.
KPOM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:54 PM   #84
PaulKemp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOM View Post
You can try an Apple store in the evening to see if there are any no-shows. I'd suggest the Grand Central store if you are in New York.
OK, there is a ATT store close to Gran Central as well. What do you mean with 'no shows', people that has reserved their phone but not picked it up yet?

Aslo, whats the odds of actually getting a iPhone this sunday (tomorrow (the 30th Sept)). Whats the general amount in stock these days?
__________________
iMac i7 3.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram, 256 SSD | MBA 2011 i5 1.7 GHz, 4 GB Ram | Mini i7 2.0 GHz, 4 GB Ram, RAID 0 | iPad 2 16 GB | iPhone 5 16 GB | ATV 3
Remember to quote orignal post.
PaulKemp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:08 PM   #85
KPOM
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKemp View Post
OK, there is a ATT store close to Gran Central as well. What do you mean with 'no shows', people that has reserved their phone but not picked it up yet?

Aslo, whats the odds of actually getting a iPhone this sunday (tomorrow (the 30th Sept)). Whats the general amount in stock these days?
Yes, people who pre-order need to pick up the phone by a certain time. I haven't checked the stores since I purchased my phone yesterday. The AT&T store across the street from Grand Central had none last Saturday and no idea when they were coming in.

There are also several Verizon stores nearby. Search for a store using the ZIP Code 10017.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/dispatcher

Now that Apple has put in place the online sale system stock in stores has become very tight, as what little there is gets snapped up quickly. Last year you were able to "reserve" a phone without buying it, but this year you need to actually purchase it online (which requires signing up for a contract). For most consumers it works out better since it shortens wait times in the store, but unfortunately Apple isn't allowing device-only sales online.
KPOM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:00 PM   #86
bastienn
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Smile iphone

if i unlock this iphone

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dev...id=7BTSVMe4geZ

with unlock fusion
when its stil on-contract
do you have to pay the full 2 year contract

if you don't understand the question say it i am not english
bastienn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:35 PM   #87
617aircav
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastienn View Post
if i unlock this iphone

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dev...id=7BTSVMe4geZ

with unlock fusion
when its stil on-contract
do you have to pay the full 2 year contract

if you don't understand the question say it i am not english
You can cancel your service but would have to pay a cancellation fee of 325 I think.
617aircav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:12 PM   #88
bastienn
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
iphone

yes but the guys from unlock fusion are employee from att

can they cancel my contract for free
bastienn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:16 PM   #89
Jamesesesesess
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastienn View Post
yes but the guys from unlock fusion are employee from att

can they cancel my contract for free
Lol... no. If anyone was offering this service it would probably be $100+ and not worth the risk.
Jamesesesesess is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:02 PM   #90
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastienn View Post
yes but the guys from unlock fusion are employee from att

can they cancel my contract for free
No. Never.
They just unlock your locked iPhone for a few bucks.
The $325 etf still applies.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
ebay, iphone 4s, unlock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
keys2iphone Unlocking Services dockster iPhone 4 Jul 23, 2014 01:05 PM
Anyone Use the Ebay Unlocking Services? bob616 iPhone 12 Dec 26, 2012 04:18 AM
iPhone 5 unlocking services. Horse9118 iPhone 7 Nov 2, 2012 01:37 PM
Why go for unlocking services? rainman7 iPhone 1 Oct 16, 2012 05:06 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC