Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:21 PM   #1
mac44
macrumors member

Search for IP addresses in long headers

I have a website and I want to know which of my friends have visited my site. I use StatCounter and I have a list of all visitors along with their IP address. I would like to search my Mail inbox for any message that contains an IP address of one of the visitors to my website.

For example, when I visit my own website, StatCounter shows my IP address as a visitor.

If I send a message to myself and then view the long header, I can see which IP address my message has been sent from.

I want to search my entire Inbox for any message that was sent from one of the IP addresses of a visitor to my website. The search or find function does not search email long headers.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:59 PM   #2
joeycool
macrumors member

I also use Stat Counter good word press plug!

Sounds Like A painful long process? you could use something like this to trace a email address http://ipaddresshq.com/tracemail/ Email Lookup and IP tracing tool. I don't think you can select - search emails from a certain IP address with in your inbox but if you know your friends IP address you will be able to see them visiting in Stat Counter.. or you could just ask them...
joeycool is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store