Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Can you be more specific? I haven't read the whole thread.

I am experiencing horrible graphic glitches and lag in Safari. Overall system UI lag and system wide audio glitching, whether it be itune, finder, or audio program.

zz2k9

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2012
Me too!

I am experiencing horrible graphic glitches and lag in Safari. Overall system UI lag and system wide audio glitching, whether it be itune, finder, or audio program.
And I thought I was going mad that it might just be me. I am having this same problem on a 2.8 mbp 15 2009 with an ssd. I went back to snow leopard then to lion, and guess what no audio stutter. I could deal with the rest of the issues, just not audio stutter.
And why is apple making this update to fix audio stutter on 2011 macs only? no love for 2009?

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010

I never experienced audio glitches in 10.8 so I can't speak to them. System UI lag, which was pretty minimal in 10.8.2 for me is improved. I didn't have lag in Safari but I did have graphical glitches. I haven't seen them so far in 10.8.3. Clicking on a picture in Facebook though causes the website to freak out, but I don't think that that's my computer's fault. I think it's something to do with my resolution and Facebook.

SirYossi

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
Penfield
Wifi Bug

Because there is a major major bug in wifi on mac boom pro retinas which make it useless

There is also a major wifi bug with all mid 2007 to 2008 macbook pros - there is a wifi drop when streaming from itunes to appleTV or Airport Express as well as wifi drop when doing a time machine backup. Slows the Wifi to a crawl - almost as slow as the old dial up modems. There are work around taking the WIFI files from OS X.6 and X.7 and faking X.8 to read them as part of X.8. There were no wifi issues till X.8 with the older 07 and 08 MBP. I just had my 2007 MBP rebuild from apple with the Video Card Recall - they put a new LCD, top cover and backlight in it making it practically new again. Hoping to get at least a year or two out of it. At this point till the wifi bug is fixed it is staying at X.7 (runs 100% better in X.7 then it did in X.6)

pounce

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2004
They broke core audio aggregate device a release ago. Lots of pro audio folks in studio or live sound are effected by this. It really sucks. It's preventing me from using Logic right now. I really need an update that gets aggregate device working properly again.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Can you be more specific? I haven't read the whole thread.

Did they ever fix the reading list opening/closing part? it lags like crazy when i tried to open and close.

I haven't read all the previous posts, but did they fix the quick start up and shutdown?

JordanNZ

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
There aren't any "performance improvements" to be felt between OpenGL 3.2 and 3.3 or 4.0 whenever Apple adapts it. The API's are for developers to write better games or games that can use the hardware in various other ways. And OpenGL 3.2 isn't fully supported under Mountain Lion, so Apple probably supported more 3.2 extensions in 10.8.3.

I'll think you'll find 'OpenGL 3.2 Core Profile' has been fully supported since 10.7.0.

https://developer.apple.com/graphicsimaging/opengl/capabilities/

The new extensions are OpenGL 3.3 ones.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Did they ever fix the reading list opening/closing part? it lags like crazy when i tried to open and close.

I haven't read all the previous posts, but did they fix the quick start up and shutdown?

Never had the reading list issue, so it continues to work fine for me.

As for startup/shutdown, I thought it was just a slow shut down? In the latest build I've seen extremely quick and a little slower. Haven't seen one more than 15 seconds. That said, I think it's a bunch of whining over nothing. I never shut down.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011

As for startup/shutdown, I thought it was just a slow shut down? In the latest build I've seen extremely quick and a little slower. Haven't seen one more than 15 seconds. That said, I think it's a bunch of whining over nothing. I never shut down.

cool thx for info. i guess people are used to SL and couldn't really adjust to new os x.

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013

i wouldn't say people are "whinning"...it's your preference that you do not shut down, good for you!. but other may do it more often.

but when you actually shut down, wouldn't be nice to have it shut down in 2 seconds (like it suppose to) rather than 15 seconds+.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
i wouldn't say people are "whinning"...it's your preference that you do not shut down, good for you!. but other may do it more often.

but when you actually shut down, wouldn't be nice to have it shut down in 2 seconds (like it suppose to) rather than 15 seconds+.

I would definitely call it whining. It's simply not necessary to shut down often, so I see little reason to complain as vigorously as people have been.

The Bulge

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Up your ass.
I would definitely call it whining. It's simply not necessary to shut down often, so I see little reason to complain as vigorously as people have been.

How often one shuts down a Mac is his/her business, but when one shuts down a Mac it should be fast and take seconds not malmost minutes in some cases.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
Whatever. It's just a waste of time.

like i said, how you use your stuff is each to its own. the world is not all about you, you gotta be considerate. just because you don't use that function and it doesn't bother you, then you are very closed minded to straight out calling people names. the name calling is unacceptable no matter how you look at it. there are ways to express your feeling in a neutral way.

Plus, as much as it costs for apple products, and when a function should work flawlessly (even if you don't use that function often), but it isn't. wouldn't you be mad too?

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
like i said, how you use your stuff is each to its own. the world is not all about you, you gotta be considerate. just because you don't use that function and it doesn't bother you, then you are very closed minded to straight out calling people names. the name calling is unacceptable no matter how you look at it. there are ways to express your feeling in a neutral way.

I didn't call anyone names. I simply said there has been whining. There has been. I find the whining to be about nothing.

Plus, as much as it costs for apple products, and when a function should work flawlessly (even if you don't use that function often), but it isn't. wouldn't you be mad too?
I obviously wouldn't be, since I just said I think the complaining has been over nothing.

Look, I'm not really trying to get into a debate on whether or not you should shut down your computer. If you want to shut down, then go ahead. Just be prepared to wait an earth-shatteringly long time of less than a minute.

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
[QUOTEJust be prepared to wait an earth-shatteringly long time of less than a minute.[/QUOTE]

im glad apple doesn't have this attitude towards their products. finishing in 2nd or 3rd isn't an option for them. im glad apple sees every problem is the biggest problem in the world (no matter how small).

im sorry that you allow yourself to endure stuff like this. but hey, you're probably a heck of a chill guy to hang out with.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
im glad apple doesn't have this attitude towards their products. finishing in 2nd or 3rd isn't an option for them. im glad apple sees every problem is the biggest problem in the world (no matter how small).

im sorry that you allow yourself to endure stuff like this. but hey, you're probably a heck of a chill guy to hang out with.
It's funny that you say that when in the 11th beta, they still haven't "fixed" this. Also, I'm not "enduring" anything. It's simply not an issue for me.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Seems like Tuesday is no longer a traditional release date for Apple - I was sure 10.8.3 would come out today.

Ironically, iOS 6.1.2 is released after just a couple of days...pathetic.

Milltek

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
U.S. Northeast
Hi,
Just out of curiosity where can you download the beta releases? I registered as an Apple Developer, can get to the developer site but still do not see where the releases are located.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi,
Just out of curiosity where can you download the beta releases? I registered as an Apple Developer, can get to the developer site but still do not see where the releases are located.

You need the $99/year program subscription to get prerelease software.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Hi,

Google.com

Posting that is warez and gets almost immediately removed. I would know I already got 2 warnings for it. I don't even know if this is legal for me to say but just google the most recent build number followed by tpb.

Also as the person above me mentioned you need to be signed up for the 99$ a year dev program to receive iOS and OSX betas.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Google.com

Posting that is warez and gets almost immediately removed. I would know I already got 2 warnings for it. I don't even know if this is legal for me to say but just google the most recent build number followed by tpb.

Also as the person above me mentioned you need to be signed up for the 99$ a year dev program to receive iOS and OSX betas.

I hope you get a virus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.