Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:03 AM   #76
richman555
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekstud View Post
Will I ever be able to watch a movie on an Apple TV other than from iTunes? <sigh>
You can do this... I have ripped plenty of my already purchased DVDs and they work just fine on Apple TV.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:47 AM   #77
Digitalclips
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Q View Post
I want my Apple TV to give me turn-by-turn directions, e.g., "Get off sofa, turn right, walk 10 steps, turn left, open refrigerator door, get next beer, close refrigerator door, turn left, 10 steps, turn right, sit back down on sofa."

Better yet, the Apple TV should get the beer for me.
Siri ... " Sorry I can't find anything about a bear in the refrigerator near here, would you like me to find a web page about bears?"
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:18 PM   #78
tshrimp
macrumors 6502

I hope they get someone in that can get some channels added and make Netflix worth using. Only thing I use mine for these days is airplay, and Roku for everything else.
tshrimp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:22 PM   #79
Dan--
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManFan View Post
Apple needs to aim for nothing less than becoming the premier supplier of videophile-quality film and TV content and taking the lead in making the home theater experience completely seamless and disc-free, before they start monkeying around with an iTV, especially given Tim Cook's feelings about OLED.
And audiophile. They need to have music readily available in top notch (lossless) form for the home music system. And make it easier to use and more readily available than having to have a computer practically dedicated to iTunes streaming.
Dan-- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:50 PM   #80
Peace
macrumors P6

It's starting to fall in place.

Cablevision files antitrust suit against Viacom over programming bundling.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/26/c...gainst-viacom/
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion