Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Chiguyjp
macrumors newbie

Sprint 4S unlock

Hey all,

Just made a bad purchase choice and was wondering if there is an unlock for a 4s running 6.1.1 yet. Or is there anyway to get a sprint 4s unlocked(again running 6.1.1)? any information would be great.
Chiguyjp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:03 PM   #2
emoore
macrumors regular

Are you looking to use it on another network? Because I've been researching this for a few months. I have a sprint 4s and I have yet to find a reliable way to use it on another network, i.e. tmobile. There are a few SIM cards (Gevey, Rim-7) but looking at the reviews they don't seem to work reliably. When my contract is up I'm probably just going to sell the sprint 4s and get an unlocked AT&T model so I can use it on tmobile or wait for the tmobile iphone.
emoore is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:16 PM   #3
okwhatev
macrumors regular

just bought the "New GPP" sim card for my Sprint iPhone 4S and can confirm it does work with ios 6.1.1 with my att/straight talk GSM 4G HSPA service... although (like all interposer sims) it takes some patience and experience with carrier preference settings to get everything working perfectly. although it does work... i cant for the life of me figure out why i cannot PLACE outgoing FaceTime calls. I can recieve them just fine. when i EJECT the sim i can make outgoing FaceTime calls instantly. weird huh?
okwhatev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:20 PM   #4
emoore
macrumors regular

That's good news. I'll have to research the GPP sim. Does FaceTime work over wifi both directions?
emoore is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Demonface
macrumors 6502a

I also have the GPP Sim and it works perfectly . If you want I can tel you where mine was purchased . I didn't test Facetime so I wouldn't know if it works sorry.
Demonface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Dominicanyor
macrumors 6502a

I went to AT&T and tried to swap my services from sprint. My 4s that I have with spring could not be done because AT&T SIM card will not would not work on my sprint. So to make a long story short I'm still with sprint.
Dominicanyor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Chiguyjp
macrumors newbie

That would be great... anythig is better than trying to flash it and resell.
Chiguyjp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone