Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1
mnsalz91
macrumors newbie

Saving and Loading Files

Hello,

My name is Miriam. I'm new. I'm working to create a text editor for a very specific niche in the theatre world. I also decided it would be a good idea to tackle objective-c cocoa at the same time. I having trouble finding up to date information (tutorials mainly) on how to save and load a file. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Miriam
mnsalz91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:08 PM   #2
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsalz91 View Post
Hello,

My name is Miriam. I'm new. I'm working to create a text editor for a very specific niche in the theatre world. I also decided it would be a good idea to tackle objective-c cocoa at the same time. I having trouble finding up to date information (tutorials mainly) on how to save and load a file. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Depends very much on what kind of file you want to load or save.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:41 AM   #3
mnsalz91
macrumors newbie

In the end I need to be able to save and load a file that has rich text (MS Word .doc importable) and custom view text boxes in different shapes. This will also include access to arrays of the saved shapes. Right now I'm getting stuck with the basics of implementing the methods but that's the gist of what the whole file will do.

Thanks!
Miriam
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:54 AM   #4
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsalz91 View Post
In the end I need to be able to save and load a file that has rich text (MS Word .doc importable) and custom view text boxes in different shapes. This will also include access to arrays of the saved shapes. Right now I'm getting stuck with the basics of implementing the methods but that's the gist of what the whole file will do.

Thanks!
Miriam
You can download the complete source code for TextEdit from Apple and go from there. Download it, open the project in Xcode, press Command-R to run it. To find it, enter "TextEdit source code" into Google.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:00 AM   #5
mnsalz91
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
You can download the complete source code for TextEdit from Apple and go from there. Download it, open the project in Xcode, press Command-R to run it. To find it, enter "TextEdit source code" into Google.
When I ran it there was an error with the (syntax paraphrasing) import AppKit/NSApplication I believe in the main. So I couldn't run it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming