Blogging Software for a Specific Need - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:09 AM   #1
Guardian Enzo
macrumors newbie

Blogging Software for a Specific Need

Greetings all,

I'm brand new to the Mac - just purchased a 13" Air, and I love it. But there's one piece of software that keeps me using my Windows PC every day - Windows Live Writer, that little free app that MS is in then process of abandoning . I realize now this is something of an old topic, but it still seems to be true that there's nothing quite like it for OS X. I would rather not run a virtual machine on an Air with 4GB if I can help it, not to mention I don't have an extra Windows license lying around.

I'm hoping someone can help me find a solution that can fulfill a very specific need that WLW fulfills for me - I can tell you already ScribeFire and MarsEdit don't (Blogo seems dead and not an option for Mountain Lion, and Adobe Contribute is bulky and pricey). My main site is very image-dependent (www.lostinanime.com) and WLW has a specific feature that's critical for me. It has a GUI to allow creation and editing of tables. And when I insert an image into a cell, it downsizes the image to the size of the cell and links the thumbnail to the full-sized image. It's a seamless, one-step process - and as I'm not especially expert on either html or graphics editing and extremely short on time, it's absolutely a life-saver for me.

Can anyone recommend a possible solution - an app, or otherwise - for OS X? It seems silly to use a PC every day for one free app, or go to the expense and trouble of setting up VirtualBox, Parallels or even Bootcamp. Yes, WLW really is that good - but if I can find a way to simulate this one functionality, I can live without it most of the time. Thanks in advance for your help.
Guardian Enzo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:04 AM   #2
exegete77
macrumors 6502a

Have you tried MacJournal? It has moved more toward blogging in the last versions. Not sure it will meet your need. But worth a try.
The missing missing and challenges of a loved one missing
exegete77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Guardian Enzo
macrumors newbie

I'll give it a try, thanks - I've looked over the features list already and I don't think it fits the bill, but as long as they have a trial version I'll give it a shot.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; Feb 18, 2013 at 07:04 PM.
Guardian Enzo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:46 PM   #4
dmrowley
macrumors regular

I have also struggled to find a good WYSIWYG editor for OSX. I have never found a good solution for the Mac. If, however, you have an iPad, I highly recommend Blogsy...

www.blogsyapp.com
Daughter: '09 2.53 Ghz 15" MacBook Pro
dmrowley is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store