Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dh34992

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Does anyone find the new Mophie Juice Pack Helium for iPhone 5 too slippery?

I had the Juice Pack for iPhone 4 and it was more tacky on the back.

Just wondering if other members are experiencing the same thing? I'm thinking of returning it now. I fear I will drop my phone.

Reactions: gaynel13

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Just ordered one. I'll let you know when it comes. However it's not something I'm likely to use on a daily basis. I like to have it for when I go on business trips (away from charger access and using the phone much more heavily than normal).

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
It is slightly less grippy than my old juice pack air but not enough that it bothers me. I'm away from the mains 12 hours plus every day so its a godsend, finally I don't have to cart around my Vita battery pack and lightning cable :)

JUSTQUAN

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
It is slightly less grippy than my old juice pack air but not enough that it bothers me. I'm away from the mains 12 hours plus every day so its a godsend, finally I don't have to cart around my Vita battery pack and lightning cable :)

How did you receive your's early?

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I thought it was ok. Not too slippery but not too grippy. It never got caught in my jeans.

I will say that I didn't think it was that comfortable to use. The weight felt a little off and I hate the deep cutouts for the buttons. Covered buttons could have gone a long way with this case.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
How did you receive your's early?

I signed up to be notified when it's available, so got the chance to order it on Feb 5th.

I agree somewhat with rapaleeman, the buttons are recessed a bit too much. Doesn't bother me that much though as I'm jailbroke and use Activator shortcuts for lots of stuff like sleep etc.

Last edited:

gaynel13

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2015
Does anyone find the new Mophie Juice Pack Helium for iPhone 5 too slippery?

I had the Juice Pack for iPhone 4 and it was more tacky on the back.

Just wondering if other members are experiencing the same thing? I'm thinking of returning it now. I fear I will drop my phone.

I am totally worried about my mophie now that I just bought it today. I had an Otterbox and it was nice and now I have this mophie and I'm worried!.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.