Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:38 AM   #1
woshiysc
macrumors newbie

Use applescript automatic copy Specified files from new added Mobile hard disk to mac

hi,guys
I use a 2012mac mini as a home server,after read some applescript introduce,I found a vast space about automatic processing on Mac OS.

Now I am thinking use a applescript copy the specified files from new added Mobile hard disk to Mac mini when the new disck just connected to mac mini.

For example:
a USB hard drive have movie/music/pic/ folders,when it connected to mac mini,the script can automatic copy those folders' files to mac itself at different folders.
If script can do more,I wonder it can identify different extend of files,that can make mkv/avi/rmvb as movie files copy to mac's movie folder,mp3/m4a as music files copy to music folder,so as pic.

Expression may not be detailed,looking forward to your answers!

Last edited by woshiysc; Feb 19, 2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: applescript folder
woshiysc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming