Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I'd have to disagree. There are plenty of phones that are rectangular with rounded edges, that isn't anything specific to the iPhone. All in all, I think it's almost identical to the Z10. I don't think it looks like the iPhone at all.

Sure I agree - its just the chamfeured edge for me:

Attachments

• HTC_M7.jpg
    HTC_M7.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 2012-iphone5-select-white.png
    2012-iphone5-select-white.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 948

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
Sure I agree - its just the chamfeured edge for me:

I get what you're trying to say, but I don't really think they are similar. I think the M7 (as well as the Z10) looks pretty nice and even somewhat futuristic, whereas the iPhone looks a bit archaic.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I really like it.....

Sorry Xperia Z you've just got a dear john letter !!!! Looks like the HTC One will be my next phone after all.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
We don't gain anything from comparisons so lets just tone that down.

I just don't like how they have buried the multitasking. Sense still looks a bit heavier from the looks of it.

Would rather take a nexus with exact same hardware.

And it still seems as if they are focusing more on the OS. Apps are still a far away concept. This is my main gripe with android even though i love it. I want the customization AND great apps, and the later is only trickling very slowly.

I wonder if mailbox and sunrise will ever make it over.

That is why i am starting to like the nexus brand more. Seems like google is slowly getting it as their developer site does seem to suggest that but their environment setup and emulation is still a pain. The nexus may be barebones but 1) It is android the way Matias envisions it and 2) it forces you to download apps to enrich your experience which also promotes google play.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
This looks like the phone the iPhone should have been, with the curved back and 4.7" screen. This phone looks stunning and I will be picking one up at launch.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I think the UI looks interesting. I'd like to see it in person.

Yeah, my main usage of my iphone is messaging, calls, camera, music, and social networks (instagram / twitter / Facebook) and RSS reading in small chunks when hanging around (usually on pulse)...

Seems like HTC have me covered this time, and I do adore HTC's screen technology, something given the amount of people who have had hands-on time with the Xperia Z have remarked how poor its contrast levels are and viewing angles, something I know HTC even it just matches the HTC One X wont suffer from.

I'm paying €650 for a new phone, the Xperia Z screen issue has put doubt over that product for me..... The HTC One may have come to the rescue.....

At least I'm buying unsubsidised so I don't have to wait for carrier updates.

Yep, a white HTC One it is.... I dont mind it looking like a cross between the iPhone 5 & Z10 as I like those designs, but neither of those come with a 4.7" 1920x1080p 468ppi screen :)

And YAY!!!! No more 1800ma battery. A proper 2300ma battery for the One....

Very excited... But LATE MARCH :(:(:( I WANT IT NOW!!!

url-14.jpeg

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Any report on battery size yet?

I really like the aggressive speaker grill design on the front, especially on the white one where it's more pronounced.

And I love that they were able to squeeze in the 1080 screen without breaching the 4.7" screen. I already have discomfort using the Nexus 4 one handed.

Not thrilled about the curved back nor the location of the power/wake button (top left, if I'm not mistaken). When will HTC learn that their power/wake button locations on large phones suck. When it's the only way to wake or sleep your device, it shouldn't be so far away to reach. Why are they so against power/wake buttons on the side? :T

Shame it's only launching with 4.1, but Sense 5 looks radical and interesting.

My interest is definitely piqued. But, personally, I don't see this changing Samsung's momentum very much. Come March 14th, people will really know how they feel about the HTC One.

Last edited:

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
The M7 didn't take cues from any other phone. It looks fresh and unique to me.
HTC has potential for a big hit here. I haven't been excited for a new phone like this in a while!

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
No point of buying the One, the One + will be out in 3-5 months. Lol. I wish they switch the yearly upgrades and stop messing over customers. Their release cycle is too short, especially if you are in contract.

Fireblade

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Italy

I really like the aggressive speaker grill design on the front, especially on the white one where it's more pronounced.

And I love that they were able to squeeze in the 1080 screen without breaching the 4.7" screen. I already have discomfort using the Nexus 4 one handed.

Not thrilled about the curved back nor the location of the power/wake button (top left, if I'm not mistaken). When will HTC learn that their power/wake button locations on large phones suck. When it's the only way to wake or sleep your device, it shouldn't be so far away to reach. Why are they so against power/wake buttons on the side? :T

Shame it's only launching with 4.1, but Sense 5 looks radical and interesting.

My interest is definitely piqued. But, personally, I don't see this changing Samsung's momentum very much. Come March 14th, people will really know how they feel about the HTC One.

2300 MAh.

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada

- snip -

If the S4 comes with the same cheap-feeling construction quality as the S3 and the Note 2, I will never consider it.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
The placement of the logo and home button is a huge mistake.

Yeah that's one of the few design quirks of this phone. The specs and feature have caught my attention. Can anyone guess how much this will cost unlocked/unsubsidized ?

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
There's no denying the similarities between the One and the BBZ10. I'm not saying one copied the other, just that there's certainly a resemblance.

Also can't deny the chamfered edges, especially on the white one, reminds me of the edges of the iPhone 5. Again, not being accusatory; there's nothing wrong with that. Just, there's no denying the resemblance.

----------

The placement of the logo and home button is a huge mistake.

As is the power/wake sleep button. But they've been making that mistake for ages. :cool:

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
Looks very sexy however....

I wonder how well HTC is for OS OTA updates.... has it changed in the last few years?

PS as far as flagships go, I predict that this is their "ONE" for this year with perhaps a few lesser cost options tba.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
It looks similar to the Z10, but it isn't any worse for it. The proportions are better, and "HTC" is a bit more discrete then having "BlackBerry" written in the biggest bloody font possible.

Android phones have always been tempting, but superficially design has always put me off. iPhones have those sleek lines, and used quality materials. This HTC however is impressive. Coupled with the Xperia Z that is also pretty sweet, Apple has some hot competition this year (and that's not even taking the inevitable S4 into consideration).

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
It looks like an awesome device with amazing build quality, but HTC is so stuck up on glitz and glamour. Just like the One X. When using it, it was a terrible phone.

And why does HTC keep the unlock button on the top? The side is superior for such a large device

This will become irrelavent once again when the S4 is announced next month.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

2300mAh

----------

I wonder how well HTC is for OS OTA updates.... has it changed in the last few years?

No sadly it hasn't... The HTC One X's 4.1 sense update was a complete shambles of announcement of rollout to actually 'rolling out for real'.....

----------

As long as it isn't yet another rounded plastic lump overloaded with bloatware... ;)

Last edited:

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada

PS as far as flagships go, I predict that this is their "ONE" for this year with perhaps a few lesser cost options tba.

And if this does not take off what do they do in the high-end market? Relinquish the high-end? I feel, even if this is a success (relatively speaking), they need another high end phone this year. Perhaps with the 4.7" screen it will make sense to go with a 5.5" model with a release in August/September - ie two high-end phones a year, but addressing different markets. I feel relatively comfortable that this will be the case.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
It looks like an awesome device with amazing build quality, but HTC is so stuck up on glitz and glamour. Just like the One X. When using it, it was a terrible phone.

And why does HTC keep the unlock button on the top? The side is superior for such a large device

I disagree. The power button on top is much better. With an S3 or Note 2, I found myself turning on and off the screen accidentally when handling the phones.

----------

And if this does not take off what do they do in the high-end market? Relinquish the high-end? I feel, even if this is a success (relatively speaking), they need another high end phone this year. Perhaps with the 4.7" screen it will make sense to go with a 5.5" model with a release in August/September - ie two high-end phones a year, but addressing different markets. I feel relatively comfortable that this will be the case.

Agreed. They need to go head to head with Samsung for the top android spot. Have the One battle the S4 and have a 5.5" device called One+ battle the Note. And they should copy the SPen too.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
This thing is looking pretty darn good on paper. I have had an HTC before and the build quality on them are great. I had the inspire which was not a flag ship phone so it was kind of slow, but man this thing looks good. I know we need to wait until when Apple releases the S version of it phone, but right now this could be the fasting smartphone when it releases. I want get one, but a lot of people might.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.