Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:11 AM   #1
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Retina Macbook Pro Base model for $1700 (15 inch)

This person wants to sell it to me brand new sealed, the fact that it doesn't have 16GB RAM makes me wondering if should take this deal or spend more cash on a 16 model since they're not upgradeable. What would you guys do?
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:15 PM   #2
xShane
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteIphone5 View Post
This person wants to sell it to me brand new sealed, the fact that it doesn't have 16GB RAM makes me wondering if should take this deal or spend more cash on a 16 model since they're not upgradeable. What would you guys do?
That's definitely not worth it to buy 3rd party (and used) for a price that high. You can buy a refurb rMBP 15" from Apple directly, for roughly around that price (I think something like $1,779 USD).

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
xShane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:30 PM   #3
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShane View Post
That's definitely not worth it to buy 3rd party (and used) for a price that high. You can buy a refurb rMBP 15" from Apple directly, for roughly around that price (I think something like $1,779 USD).
its brand new (Sealed)
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:24 PM   #4
Essenar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteIphone5 View Post
its brand new (Sealed)
Advantages of Apple refurbished:
You get the name on the receipt, meaning your name for Apple service, can buy AppleCare, fresh one year warranty and most times, Apple refurbished is a new product that was returned literally days after purchase and re sealed for you.
You can also buy the 16GB upgrade.

This "sealed" Retina, how do you know it's really sealed? I can replicate a shrink wrap in fifteen minutes. How do you know it's the real thing? Gonna open it? It's not sealed anymore. When was it purchased? Last week? Why wouldn't they return it since no restocking fee? Purchased passed the return date? Why keep it sealed?

I have a lot of curiosities when someone is offering me a sealed product at a loss they could easily recoup with a standard return.
Essenar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:29 PM   #5
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
Advantages of Apple refurbished:
You get the name on the receipt, meaning your name for Apple service, can buy AppleCare, fresh one year warranty and most times, Apple refurbished is a new product that was returned literally days after purchase and re sealed for you.
You can also buy the 16GB upgrade.

This "sealed" Retina, how do you know it's really sealed? I can replicate a shrink wrap in fifteen minutes. How do you know it's the real thing? Gonna open it? It's not sealed anymore. When was it purchased? Last week? Why wouldn't they return it since no restocking fee? Purchased passed the return date? Why keep it sealed?

I have a lot of curiosities when someone is offering me a sealed product at a loss they could easily recoup with a standard return.
No 16GB refurbished models its OK I'm just going to buy an iMac

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice