Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
It's possible that 6.1.2 also includes fixes for the passcode bug: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16872125/

I believe the front page news today stated that it actually didn't fix the passcode bug. It was likely rolled out quick to please enterprise clients

What versions works with iPhone 5?
6.1.1?
And where do I keep track of which version is compatible with the iPhone 5?

Sorry I'm not very clear in my head ATM .

All iOS 6 versions that can be run on the iPhone 5 can be jailbroken using evasi0n 1.4, when it is released.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
“@planetbeing: We will release evasi0n 1.4 later today that marks iOS 6.1.2 as supported.”

Woohoo!

*** As always late to the party. Thanks Dwalls90!

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Gotta wait till an update for evasion comes out.
Then you have to restore using itunes. You cannot update a jailbroken iphone, it will get stuck at the apple logo.
Backup, restore to the latest 6.1.2 and then restore from backup. You wont lose anything.

Thank You!

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
“@planetbeing: We will release evasi0n 1.4 later today that marks iOS 6.1.2 as supported.”

Woohoo!

*** As always late to the party. Thanks Dwalls90!

Sweet. Will update when I get home, as long as 1.4 is ready to roll.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
If you use Exchange accounts on your device.

May just be worth updating unless it's an inconvenience

I use exchange and don't seem to have any issues....

Edit: I see it affects the calendar. That's why I don't have trouble, I don't use calendars for anything. Don't need them. :cool:

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico

Edit: I see it affects the calendar. That's why I don't have trouble, I don't use calendars for anything. Don't need them. :cool:

it's a hassle to restore to 6.1.2 and to get all your tweaks back but I think it's worth it

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

If this indeed fixes the password unlock bug, you will definitely want to upgrade to this. I'd rather wait to see if any credible sources can verify it (I know Ars Technica is still looking at it; waiting to see if other sites an validate).

BL.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2011
If your JB .. Once we update to 1.4 can we go ahead and run 6.1.2 or will we have to run JB again afterwards?

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
If your JB .. Once we update to 1.4 can we go ahead and run 6.1.2 or will we have to run JB again afterwards?

This won't be an in-place upgrade with an existing jailbreak. This will be like normal updates:

1. Back up your iDevice.
2. restore your iDevice as new to latest iOS (This blows away your jailbreak)
3. select your iDevice to restore previous data.
4. Use evasi0n 1.4 to jailbreak your newly-updated iDevice.

Done.

BL.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
This won't be an in-place upgrade with an existing jailbreak. This will be like normal updates:

1. Back up your iDevice.

Done.

BL.

I do almost exactly that except I swap # 3 & 4 around. I jailbreak right after the restore and download and respring 200 times and get all my jailbreak set up then I sync with iTunes. Then while its syncing I can set up all my iTunes stuff since no resprings are involved.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK

1. Back up your iDevice.

Done.

BL.

You don't need to restore the iDevice to the latest iOS, one can just update and then jailbreak.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
If you are already jailbroken then you cannot simply update. You have to restore to the latest OS and jailbreak again.

Exactly. The evad3rs even recommend that you restore to the latest iOS version, and then jailbreak. And with us being on our own (read: no warranty for if things break), I'd rather do what they are doing to make sure we haven't messed up the process period.

BL.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Exactly. The evad3rs even recommend that you restore to the latest iOS version, and then jailbreak. And with us being on our own (read: no warranty for if things break), I'd rather do what they are doing to make sure we haven't messed up the process period.

BL.

Fair enough, it's just that in previous jailbreaks one could just update via iTunes, lose the jailbreak and then re-jailbreak, but ok I will then fresh restore.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Just curious, you think we'll still need RespringCacheFix from Ryan Petrich's repo? I know I'm early on this topic, but I'm about to backup my data, upgrade to 6.1.2, then jailbreak. Just wondering what the general consensus was around here. Is everyone gonna install that tweak or are they gonna wait?

Edit: OP, not sure you have the ability to do this or not, but maybe you should change the title of the thread to better accurately describe the situation. Just a thought. No biggie.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Starting to wonder if the new "in charge" staff even cares about JB. It gives them great ideas on what to bring to the new ios's. maybe the cat and Mae game is over and they let us keep our JB unless it is a major security breach that allows the jb.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast

1. Back up your iDevice.

Done.

BL.

Done? You have to reinstall all your Cydia apps, don't you? I mean, they don't magically reappear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.