Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

newituneslogo.jpg
Shortly after releasing a Java update to fix a vulnerability that allowed hackers to access the computers of Apple employees, Apple released iTunes version 11.0.2.

The update offers a Composers view for music, bug fixes, and enhanced responsiveness when accessing large playlists. It also offers a fix for an error that prevented purchases from showing up in the library.

The 54.2 MB update is available through the Mac App Store and it can also be downloaded from Apple's support website.

iTunes 11 was originally released in November of 2012, with a major redesign of the store, improved search, a simplified MiniPlayer, and new iCloud enhancements. iTunes was previously updated to version 11.0.1 in December, fixing bugs with iCloud and iTunes Match.

Article Link: Apple Updates iTunes to Version 11.0.2 with Bug Fixes, Composers View for Music

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Does it allow you to store media on an external drive and prevent iTunes from creating a local media folder every time you accidentally open iTunes when the external drive isn't mounted?

fenlyn

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2003
Atlanta
I'd give my right eye for iTunes to stop hanging when it mounts my iOS devices wirelessly. Maybe my left eye as well.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i wish apple would get rid of the idiotic 90 days limit on iTunes Match. i downloaded a song with my main ID on my iphone and i had to restore it so i redownloaded the song on my computer and now i cant sign in with my other id anymore because iTunes match cant be started for 90 days wtf. now i have to wait 90 days before i can get back 4000! of my songs just because i wanted to redownload ONE song i legally purchased with my other id :mad:

the one time i actually buy a song on iTunes :rolleyes: lesson learned

AriX

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2007
Sorry to be that guy, but:

Minor update to iTunes... front page news? This seems like the perfect thing to put on Page 2 or Mac Blog or whatever.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
i wish apple would get rid of the idiotic 90 days limit on iTunes Match. i downloaded a song with my main ID on my iphone and i had to restore it so i redownloaded the song on my computer and now i cant sign in with my other id anymore because iTunes match cant be started for 90 days wtf. now i have to wait 90 days before i can get back 4000! of my songs just because i wanted to redownload ONE song i legally purchased with my other id :mad:

the one time i actually buy a song on iTunes :rolleyes: lesson learned

I'm guessing Apple wishes people would just use one Apple ID.

:)

bryan85

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Cool, it now correctly shows latest TV season artwork instead of first season. Now if they could just get the artwork to change dynamically between each season selection.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
All the posts so far are complaints about iTunes/Apple.

Why are you all using iTunes if it's that bad?!

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Does it allow you to store media on an external drive and prevent iTunes from creating a local media folder every time you accidentally open iTunes when the external drive isn't mounted?

So if you don't mount your external and buy something from the iTunes store or add something to your library, where would it keep the download? Perhaps automatic consolidation when the external is re-attached is what is really needed?

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I guess we'll have to see once evasi0n is updated to be compatible with 6.1.2 if anyone who uses iTunes 11.0.2 can still jailbreak.

I am going all in on that it will still work.

Last edited:

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
Can someone upload a pic of this new composer view?
I am very curious about that but I am currently not near my Mac...
Mehhh :-// I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Or is it just a new 'button' on top for switching the views (album, artist, ... ) ?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Don't unmount it then? My iTunes Library is on an external disk and operates perfectly. :confused:

how? what if i want to listen to music while i'm outside. im obviously not gonna carry the harddrive with my tv shows around 24/7.

they really need to change this, it already pissed me off back on the iPod 5 (video?)

like every time i plug it back in i have to click on over 400 episodes again so iTunes finds them

I'm guessing Apple wishes people would just use one Apple ID.

:)

impossible, i have a US one from back in the states and a german one :eek:

why can i use 5 different apple ids on itunes but not redownload a song from one and use itunes match on another. i dont even have itunes match enabled on the other account yet it wont let me use the one i actually paid for. so stupid

I

iFanboy

Does it allow us to sort iTunes Store music searches by popularity yet?

I'm stunned that feature was actually removed for iTunes 11 :-/

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
And it bugged up my podcast unplay count, now I have like 1900 when I had like 500 previously.

Great, just lost like 90% of the podcast because of the stupid update.

Last edited:

bryan85

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Can someone upload a pic of this new composer view?
I am very curious about that but I am currently not near my Mac...
Mehhh :-// I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Or is it just a new 'button' on top for switching the views (album, artist, ... ) ?

screenshot20130219at421.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.