Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:21 AM   #1
darthmaynard
macrumors newbie

Audio to receiver via Bluetooth

Hi All,

I have a guitar studio where students will come in wanting to learn their favorite song and have it on any number of devices. I want to be able to send their signal to the stereo so we can hear it on the big speakers. I've used the RCA to headphone adapter but I'm looking to go wireless. Sometimes they don't bring the song at all and we go to youtube and find it their. I've done some searches recently on newegg and phone there are a couple of devices that cater to different versions of bluetooth.

If it meant getting a dongle for my MBP and another bluetooth/RCA receiver, I don't mind so long as I can get rid of the wires.

Any advice/input appreciated, thanks.

Tim
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:04 PM   #2
ChrisA
macrumors G4

If you have $99 then buy an Apple TV. Anything on your Mac or IOS device can be mirrored to the TV. Just skip the video siganl and only connect the audio. If there is an ATV on your network thenall your Apple devices will have an icon that allows you to "mirror" to the ATV.
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:47 PM   #3
darthmaynard
macrumors newbie

ChrisA,

Thanks for your reply, but I already went the route of an airport express thinking it would handle the audio from my MBP. Sure, it's fine for iTunes but worthless for anything else (Safari, Garageband or anything else)

Not to mention, there are those that are running android that wouldn't be able to be able to access the atv.

With stuff like the jambox, there's got to be something that has RCAs on it.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Uofmtiger
macrumors 6502a

I have never used it with my Mac, but there are Bluetooth receivers that have RCA outs (I have one from Logitech that was around $39). The are other choices if you want digital outs ( I think Phillips makes it). I think sound quality is better over Airplay, though.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio