Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
one of my favorites, how's it run with the wrapper?

I had a copy of this on my alienware with two 5870 CF cards, it was so fast I couldn't even move.

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I also installed it using a wrapper and it runs flawlessly. Looks really nice with the updated graphics and sound pack as well, and doesn't even make the fans on my rMBP go above the usual 2000RPM. Looking forward to reliving this one a bit when I have some time. It's a really fantastic game.

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2012
Is this an updated version of the game? I wonder if the original would play on newer Windows versions. I wonder how it would feel to go back and revisit. :)

It is the same version as before (same assets etc) but patched to work on current machines.

The original release wouldn't run on anything later than Windows 98 without jumping through hoops.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It is the same version as before (same assets etc) but patched to work on current machines.

The original release wouldn't run on anything later than Windows 98 without jumping through hoops.

Thanks for the info. You've played? Did you play it a long time ago? If so, how does it feel now?

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2012
I played it a few years ago when it first came out. I still have the original disk!

Unfortunately got tired of trying to get it to run on modern hardware. GOG version plays great - I am playing it in a VMWare Fusion virtualmachine.

It plays great - doesn't look as great as it did when released but still dripping with atmosphere.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I played it a few years ago when it first came out. I still have the original disk!

Unfortunately got tired of trying to get it to run on modern hardware. GOG version plays great - I am playing it in a VMWare Fusion virtualmachine.

It plays great - doesn't look as great as it did when released but still dripping with atmosphere.

I played it a couple of years after it came out on Win98. Great game! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.