Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:40 PM   #26
rjbeh
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCooz View Post
Sure I'll see if i can do that tomorrow. I'm using Sticker boy all around. Back/Front/Sides

For the front I am using a GLAS.tR and the Sticker boy skins for the front works flawlessly with that.

Nice. You just gave me an idea on how to work with my iphone combo! Thanks!
rjbeh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:50 PM   #27
Kevin813
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Sure I'll see if i can do that tomorrow. I'm using Sticker boy all around. Back/Front/Sides

For the front I am using a GLAS.tR and the Sticker boy skins for the front works flawlessly with that.
Wait, did you put the front sticker right over the glas.t? I was going to get a fullbody, but already had the Pure on the front, so I did not want to remove it. What does the skin look like on the Pure?
Kevin813 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:09 PM   #28
spaceballs
macrumors newbie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrscap View Post
Let us know how it goes. I read down the page about important facts:

maintenance required - reheat when you see the chamfer edge lift.

how long will the hold last? let us know! Thanks
I asked about that. It's a simple message to give it a heat treatment if an area lifted. Can be from a weak heat job in one area, dropping your phone, pulling it out of you tight jeans or sleeve. They explained if you give it a nice clean with alcohol and good install, it is highly unlikely to lift.

The meaning of a good install = #1 heat the edge #2 then press while the film is soft. This gives a nice seal along the edge. Do not press and try to fold with your fingernail and then heat. It's been 7 days since the install. I made sure to give it a few extra rounds of heat on corners and both sides. No lift. I left it in my car last week for hours in freezing temp while shoveling 10" of snow, no lift.
spaceballs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:04 PM   #29
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin813 View Post
Wait, did you put the front sticker right over the glas.t? I was going to get a fullbody, but already had the Pure on the front, so I did not want to remove it. What does the skin look like on the Pure?
I've been holding off on installing the front skin. Since I've been using a tempered glass screen protector. But I figured. If i wanted the ultimate combo/protection for a naked iPhone why not cover the front as well and make it different. So i just lined up the camera/earpiece grill and went from there. The sides are perfectly straight and pretty happy with the install.

I might buy an all Red skin from them soon. So i'd have a Red iPhone 5 and I can use my Twelve South Surfacepad with it as well
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:26 AM   #30
Kevin813
macrumors newbie

Can u post pics of what a front sticker looks like on ur glas.tr? And do u put the home button stickers on, even with the depression from the glas.tr?
Kevin813 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:07 PM   #31
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin813 View Post
Can u post pics of what a front sticker looks like on ur glas.tr? And do u put the home button stickers on, even with the depression from the glas.tr?
I decided to put on the Orange Home Button Sticker from SGP. Was inspired from that video someone posted on the first page.

I think it's better to put on the button because it'll feel really weird without it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0772.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	481.2 KB
ID:	397404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0775.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	497.0 KB
ID:	397405  
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:03 AM   #32
Delta438
macrumors member

Quote:
here's a Coupon Code I used ( tts2 )
How do you use this coupon code? Just type it into additional details before you checkout?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta438 View Post
I'm thinking about getting one of these skins for my phone. However, I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could answer.

1. Assuming I want to do a wet install so that there are no mistakes with alignment, what solution do I use? I've heard either glass cleaner or water with soap, and I'm not sure which is better.

2. Won't the liquid from the wet install damage the phone if it gets in? That one hole to the right of the camera looks really vulnerable.
I still hope someone can answer this.
Delta438 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:35 AM   #33
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
How do you use this coupon code? Just type it into additional details before you checkout?

I still hope someone can answer this.
Before you finalize your purchase through paypal. There will be a little bar where you can enter the code. It's the final step i believe.

Don't do a wet install unless you're using the clear film from sticker boy. The clear skin is a different material so it's better to do a wet install.

The rest of their skins on the other hand is made to be installed dry.

I think it's better to use water and a tiny drop of hand soap
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:26 AM   #34
Delta438
macrumors member

Quote:
Before you finalize your purchase through paypal. There will be a little bar where you can enter the code. It's the final step i believe.

Don't do a wet install unless you're using the clear film from sticker boy. The clear skin is a different material so it's better to do a wet install.

The rest of their skins on the other hand is made to be installed dry.

I think it's better to use water and a tiny drop of hand soap
Thanks! Ordered sides and upper and lower back skins, with a matte mid back. The code still works, I'm surprised it hasn't expired yet.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:35 PM   #35
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Thanks! Ordered sides and upper and lower back skins, with a matte mid back. The code still works, I'm surprised it hasn't expired yet.
Awesome man! Post up the pictures when you get to install them.. I'm thinking of getting all red soon. So when I get it. I'll post some pictures!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:17 PM   #36
Munkypoo7
macrumors 6502

Just a quickie suggestion... avoid the CF skins. Seems that since they're a bit more rigid (read thicker) they don't really want to conform as nicely as the vinyl skins even after thoroughly heated with a blow dryer.

Granted, in my Sector 5 it's fine since as the case itself pretty much pins the skin into place but yeah... the instant I take my phone out of the case they flare out, no matter how much heating :\

Going to order some basic black vinyl skins soon.
Munkypoo7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:09 PM   #37
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post
Just a quickie suggestion... avoid the CF skins. Seems that since they're a bit more rigid (read thicker) they don't really want to conform as nicely as the vinyl skins even after thoroughly heated with a blow dryer.

Granted, in my Sector 5 it's fine since as the case itself pretty much pins the skin into place but yeah... the instant I take my phone out of the case they flare out, no matter how much heating :\

Going to order some basic black vinyl skins soon.
That's a shame to hear. I personally haven't tried nor like CF skins at all. But so far the basic black/smooth skin and anti bacterial red is amazing. It's sticking pretty well. Only heated once and haven't had any issues of lifting.

I'm currently rocking it with the Surfacepad. It's a great combo. Let me know if you're interested in photos.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:14 PM   #38
Rhythmic-
macrumors member

Quote:
That's a shame to hear. I personally haven't tried nor like CF skins at all. But so far the basic black/smooth skin and anti bacterial red is amazing. It's sticking pretty well. Only heated once and haven't had any issues of lifting.

I'm currently rocking it with the Surfacepad. It's a great combo. Let me know if you're interested in photos.
Can you post pictures? Really interested in how this combo looks.
Rhythmic- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:06 PM   #39
Grolubao
macrumors 6502a

I ordered the clear matte skin for the iPhone 5 from **********. I have to say I'm happy with it, although it's not a perfect fit, there's still a bit of a gap, but I would say it's quite good. I really like the way the iPhone looks now, and I agree it's the thinnest case one can get. Since it's not perfectly fit, there is dirt accumulating in the place the sticker meets the phone which is not nice.

Also the clear skin doesn't add protection to the chamfered edges.
Grolubao is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:31 PM   #40
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Here's the Sticker Boy Red Anti Bacterial Matched with the Twelve South Surfacepad in Red. Now the Red of the Twelve South is just a tad bit darker than the Sticker boy Skins.

Sorry for the quality. Took pics with the iPad 3
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	398640   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	398641   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	398642  

Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:49 PM   #41
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Here's the Sticker Boy Red Anti Bacterial Matched with the Twelve South Surfacepad in Red. Now the Red of the Twelve South is just a tad bit darker than the Sticker boy Skins.

Sorry for the quality. Took pics with the iPad 3
Love the look.
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:24 AM   #42
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC300 View Post
Love the look.
Thanks! Just got my Spigen Aluminum Buttons in Red. Just waiting on My Sticker Boy Front/Back Skins in Red. Wanna see how all red iPhone looks like.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:34 AM   #43
SoLongAndroid
macrumors member

Any updates on lifting?
SoLongAndroid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 03:09 AM   #44
Delta438
macrumors member

Alrighty, I have my skins installed. Stealth black for upper and lower back, red for sides (no chamfered protection) and matte mid back. Considered off topic since I didn't get the chamfered protection, but just thought I'd chime in.

P.S. Does anyone else with a matte skin know if I can peel it off and reapply it? I know for a fact that its sticky as hell, and I'm afraid I might stretch it to the point that its unusuable. And I know I can definitely do a better job if I reapply it.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 03:37 AM   #45
Delta438
macrumors member

Pictures in case anyone's interested.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0107.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	400372   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	400373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0109.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	400374  

Delta438 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 07:39 AM   #46
bigpika
macrumors newbie

Hi, my 1st post on here, thought i'd give my opinion after getting these

i had a matte skin on the back and sides of my iphone. i dropped my phone and marked the side. I seen they were bringing out sides and thought perfect it would cover the mark. So i ordered a 2 tone kit, black for the top and bottom and slate jet black brushed for the middle.

As mentioned earlier in the thread the slate skin is thicker and harder to mould round the edges. So i ordered black side skins for my phone, they are thinner and easier to apply but, i am still getting wee bit round the phone where its starting to come up. Slightly disappointed as its a great idea and offers a little protection for someone who doesnt want a case.
bigpika is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 01:12 PM   #47
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLongAndroid View Post
Any updates on lifting?
For me. None yet. I think my buddy just got his in the mail yesterday. I'm gonna head over there and install it for him. So far for mine. It's flawless. No lifting what so ever. Just heat it nicely and wrap it while it's warm.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 06:02 PM   #48
jammerz
macrumors member

********** Antibacterial Matte Red Series
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	429821  
jammerz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 06:03 PM   #49
jammerz
macrumors member

Mobile site only allows me to upload one photo per post lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	429822  
jammerz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 06:58 PM   #50
charlesdayton
macrumors 6502a

Any suggestion on which of their skin color better approximate the stock grey(and white) and black(slate) of the original iphone 5's aluminum?

I know they have clear but they are not available in the extreme cut or chamfer versions.
charlesdayton is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories