Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I'm watching the steam right now. Well, I'm watching some of the stream with no sound, and the buffering circle the rest of the time. I know it has nothing to do with the PSN cloud services, but still I can't help but be sceptical.

Are you watching full screen? Mine is all choppy in a window, but is much better full screen.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm watching on my Apple TV full screen via my iPhone 5 & AirPlay.

Killzone looked stunning, car club looked meh (not a car enthusiast) and the sucker punch vid looks very promising...

Edit,.. Yeah it's Infamous :)

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I watched for a few minutes. It was like they found every creepy guy within 50 miles and decided to put them on stage lol. Graphics look nice though.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
I'm watching on my Apple TV full screen via my iPhone 5 & AirPlay.

Killzone looked stunning, car club looked meh (not a car enthusiast) and the sucker punch vid looks very promising...

Edit,.. Yeah it's Infamous :)
Honestly, I want to play everything they have shown so far. Even The Witness and I am not a puzzler.

----------

Predictions... November 21st release.. No physical media

I think us Europeans will be crying by the end of the night, 2014 for us. Hopefully not.

----------

Wow, this render of the old man looks amazing. Impressed.

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
^I am ok with that, just depends on how it's handled. If it stays with the ID like Xbox 360, Apples iTunes/App Store, Steam, then great. Even better would be the ability to sell your used digital content. If it stays with any hardware: unacceptable. If it is locked to online availability IE active DRM: unacceptable.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
My stream just died :(

It's back..

Team 17 logo ? Are they still going. God I feel old now...

Ok drunk camp Japanese fellow... He made me smile :)

Last edited:

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
^No. Steam is successful. I doubt there will be physical media. Optical really is too outdated/slow, shipping USB3.0 flashdrives...highly unlikely, I'd hate to keep breaking them as I do anyway.

Maybe return of the proprietary media! Oh Sony you would!

My bet is all download. Yay for Datacaps!
;-)

Many places still do not have addiquate bandwidth available for downloading games. And I'm not even talking about the third world. Cable and DSL providers are reluctant to supply service to many rural areas of America and Australia. The only options these people therefor have are dial-up, satellite, and cellular. The first being far too slow of course, while the latter two usually have strict bandwidth caps.

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
Onimusha and DMC on screen.

Think I will play those again.

----------

Many places still do not have addiquate bandwidth available for downloading games. And I'm not even talking about the third world. Cable and DSL providers are reluctant to supply service to to many rural areas in America and Australia. The only option these people have are dial-up, satellite, and cellular. The first being far too slow of course, while the latter two usually have strict bandwidth caps.

Agreed, but it should help force the hand of those ISPs to deliver what we want/need. I would be stoked to move to something like England has with competing ISPs.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
How long can this presentation go on? I want to know pricing and availability! And what it looks like....

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
]

Agreed, but it should help force the hand of those ISPs to deliver what we want/need. I would be stoked to move to something like England has with competing ISPs.

Sadly in Ireland I will be crippled if there is no physical media.

Ireland has the highest capita of Playstation ownership outside of Japan .

Our broadband infrastructure just isn't up-to big downloads especially with our data caps and speeds.

----------

How long can this presentation go on? I want to know pricing and availability! And what it looks like....

Yep no availability so far,
No pricing
No info on media

Its going on forever. I though they would have saved software for E3, at this rate we won't need to watch e3 this year...

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Just show us what it looks like!!!

How insane would it have been if Square Enix announced a FFVII remake? Sony should've thrown money at them to do it just for the reaction...

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Is this going to end soprano (fade to black) style and not show us anything about hardware or media?

And the answer is yes!!!!

Well f'you Sony. If you haven't got the hardware to show us don't do a frickin launch announcement !!!

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
Wow, bungie creating exclusive content for PS!!

This must be as annoying to Xbox fans as much as it was for me when they got the GTA DLC first.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
Well, that had some promise. I was surprised to see Blizzard and Bungie. Now to see what Microsoft has up its sleeve.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
That is incredibly annoying, I really wanted to see the console.
It probably has not been finalised.

Make it glossy Sony.

And give us colour options from launch too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.