Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1
djblog
macrumors newbie

Syncing 2 Propellerhead Reasons together via Ethernet

Hey people,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I wondered if anyone here has managed to sync Prollerheads Reason to another Mac via LAN? I'm not talking about simply midi over lan I mean Midi Machine Control & Clock too. (in fact that's all I really want!)

Anyone who's done this please let me know how it's possible. Thanks.
djblog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Johbremat
macrumors member

Haven't tried for the lack of a need.

But if you can find some sort of software to host on one machine and slave the other to it...

Do some searches for 'SMPTE clock <app|software|tool>' and see how far that gets you. Good luck.
Johbremat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:17 AM   #3
cheekypaul
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblog View Post
Hey people,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I wondered if anyone here has managed to sync Prollerheads Reason to another Mac via LAN? I'm not talking about simply midi over lan I mean Midi Machine Control & Clock too. (in fact that's all I really want!)

Anyone who's done this please let me know how it's possible. Thanks.

i am sure its possible, but havent had to do it in a loooong time. be following this thread. let us know how you get on. meanwhile, although not reason, does this help...?

http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/audio/ableton-live/29306

or this...?

http://www.musiclab.com/products/midioverlan/info.html
cheekypaul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:22 AM   #4
djblog
macrumors newbie

I tried Midi Over Lan - it works ok with just sending MIDI note on / off data, but no clock or MMC. I actually managed to link it to a PC via the LAN using this.

Ableton live is a great bit of software - I've not really had chance to play with it properly yet though.

I'll keep this updated when I find the answer - thanks for your suggestions so far.
djblog is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio