Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Since I upgraded to Lion I have lot of problems with my Mac Mail. I hate the format change first of all but not much I can do about it. I have to gmail accounts, once goes through my website and a general gmail account. It is very slow to open emails and to navigate. I constantly get a spinning wheel. The worst thing is trying to type, the type shows up 20 secs or more after I type!
It is so frustrating...

The problem is worse on my MBP, I also have a desktop set and it is not as bad but I rarely use that for typing emails....

any ideals?

ObeseSquirrel

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Since I upgraded to Lion I have lot of problems with my Mac Mail. I hate the format change first of all but not much I can do about it. I have to gmail accounts, once goes through my website and a general gmail account. It is very slow to open emails and to navigate. I constantly get a spinning wheel. The worst thing is trying to type, the type shows up 20 secs or more after I type!
It is so frustrating...

The problem is worse on my MBP, I also have a desktop set and it is not as bad but I rarely use that for typing emails....

any ideals?

Format->Viewing-> Check "Use classic layout" will fix the format for you. Don't know about the other problem. Have you tried repairing permissions?

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Format->Viewing-> Check "Use classic layout" will fix the format for you. Don't know about the other problem. Have you tried repairing permissions?

Thank you so much! Though for me it was mail preferences > viewing > Use Classic...

Format had no viewing option.

How do I repair permissions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.