Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rpg51

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Any reason other than price to choose one over the other for purchase of MacBook Pro Retina?

Quad5Ny

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
New York, USA
No, just save your receipt.

You get the same warranty and service no matter where you purchase Apple's stuff (provided what you buying is new).

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I would never buy a Mac at Best Buy... you never know if they've opened it and played with it or if it's a return that they have re-sealed and are selling as new.

stick to the apple store.

rpg51

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Thanks

the price is slightly better, the rewards are a factor, the big thing is the sales tax.

I'm going best buy. I'll make sure the box has not been opened.

Apple Techs

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
Phoenix, Az
Biggest thing I found when working cpu support for apple was registration of warranty issues like no valid purchase date or I have seem them sell a 2-3 year old macs where they have a hard time issuing applecare or you have to jump through loops with apple to get it registered and have a warranty with valid purchase date....other then that you should be good to go just make sure it is not open box I had customers when I worked with apple that where told they get a 1 year warranty through apple just to find out it was an open box item or a floor model that apple would not support....

Also you have to put up with them trying to sell you that geeksquad stuff

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I'd go Best Buy:
1) Price matching
2) 30 days return (60 for Silver)
3) One Mac purchase practically gets you to Silver status

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I'd go Best Buy:
1) Price matching
2) 30 days return (60 for Silver)
3) One Mac purchase practically gets you to Silver status

For the record, the Apple store will also price match. I'd change #1 to ability to use coupons. I have no problem buying from best buy (where I got my Mac mini and iPads) and just deny geek squad.

rpg51

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
The deed is done. I went to best buy. No worries. Saved a lot of money. Instant gratification. I am typing on my new 13" Retina as we speak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.