Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I never have been the type to watch movies/shows on my phone, but I do watch a lot of things on youtube. Being able to watch a youtube video while doing other things is a really nice option to have. Plus I have always preferred writing things by hand to typing.

Yeah I'm planning on using it on the tablet more but nice option to have to use on the phone still.

not sure wether to sell my iphone 5 though..could get a good amount for it at carphone warehouse.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Yeah I'm planning on using it on the tablet more but nice option to have to use on the phone still.

not sure wether to sell my iphone 5 though..could get a good amount for it at carphone warehouse.

Right now I have a nexus 4, iphone 5, and note 2. I know I will keep the nexus just for trying out new OS's alone. The iphone 5 I could probably get $520ish for on craigslist.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
you use all 3? how come you have all 3?

I don't really use all 3, but wanted to see what I liked best. I have had the nexus 4 and iphone 5 since they launched and just added the note 2. I like the note 2 the best, so will sell the iphone 5. The nexus 4 is cheap and will always have the most current OS so I want to keep that as well.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I don't really use all 3, but wanted to see what I liked best. I have had the nexus 4 and iphone 5 since they launched and just added the note 2. I like the note 2 the best, so will sell the iphone 5. The nexus 4 is cheap and will always have the most current OS so I want to keep that as well.

I see, think I will get the S4 and see if I have any use for the5

tempted to use the 5 for music and twitter notifications kind of thing.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I see, think I will get the S4 and see if I have any use for the5

tempted to use the 5 for music and twitter notifications kind of thing.

It is a great device, and I could definitely still use the iphone 5, but $500+ is also pretty nice :)

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
It is a great device, and I could definitely still use the iphone 5, but $500+ is also pretty nice :)

Well here in the UK the S4 will likely cost me £500 so selling the 5 for at least £200 is a better option..dunno but won't do it straight away incase i like the 5 more.

mrskullfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
michigan north detroit
Just bought the note 2 from att it took 4 calls and then the last person was able to get me an over ride and I got the upgrade.
And free overnite shipping and 25 dollar credit to compensate for the 36 dollar activation fee.
I have a otterbox defender and commuter case coming also.

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
Just bought the note 2 from att it took 4 calls and then the last person was able to get me an over ride and I got the upgrade.
And free overnite shipping and 25 dollar credit to compensate for the 36 dollar activation fee.
I have a otterbox defender and commuter case coming also.

Note 2 is a very fun phone. Screen size, stylus for sketching and the battery sealed it for me.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Will be released late Summer / early Fall. Follow the same design as the new Galaxy S IV, but with slightly updated hardware. Supposedly an even larger screen than the N2.

I doubt those release dates, I would expect closer to late 2013 or about a year from the Note 2 release, but then again neither of us know what were talking about :D

To the OP. The Note 2 is awesome! But if you already have the iPhone 5 I would wait for the Galaxy S4, it will be the next killer device even better than the Note 2 in some ways, we'll see if it has better battery life though I kind of doubt that it will with the smaller size and 1080p display.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
The Note 1 was released Aug / Sept 2011
The Note 2 was released Sept / Oct 2012
The Note 3 will be released around those same months, no earlier, no later.

johnjefferson

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2013
I can't make my mind up if I should buy a note 2 or wait for the s4 to come out.
Does anyone no how long Samsung waits to release a phone after they announce it?
Thx

Do you have a few months to wait? Remember, Samsung releases the Galaxy in Europe and Asia first. The S3 was announced May 3rd last year and we didnt see it in the US until the end of June (July for Verizon). If its announced March 14th, dont expect to see it in the US until May or June and then good luck finding one unless you order it. Get the Note 2 if you need a phone in the next few months then sell it when the S4 releases.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Just to give some of you an idea about the note 2 battery. Right now I am on 4 hours screen time and still have 55% left. The n4 would have been dead hours ago and the iphone 5 would be around 30%

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I am noticing that also..
But lov the screen...

It really is a great device. I always thought people use to say notifications on android were better, but my experience has been the exact opposite. It could have a lot to do with I am adjusting to it. Texting is amazing on this though and I seriously have not fired up my laptop since getting it. Oh yeah and the fact I get like 7 hours of screen time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.