Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:14 AM   #1
naz-dream-boys
macrumors member

Is there any way to delete all app data?

I have an app which I want to delete all the in-app data from, so it acts like a brand new app which I have never used before.
Is there a way to do this? I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling through the app store, deleting the app through itunes but both ways when I install it, my previous data is still there.
naz-dream-boys is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Small White Car
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz-dream-boys View Post
Is there a way to do this? I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling through the app store
That should have done it. Are you sure it's not re-downloading information from the app's own cloud servers?

Is it a game? Some of them store info in Game Center. The only solution then is to log out of Game Center or find an in-app menu option to clear data. (Which it should have if that's what's happening.)
Small White Car is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:24 AM   #3
naz-dream-boys
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
That should have done it. Are you sure it's not re-downloading information from the app's own cloud servers?

Is it a game? Some of them store info in Game Center. The only solution then is to log out of Game Center or find an in-app menu option to clear data. (Which it should have if that's what's happening.)
I'm not sure, I think it might be possible. If it is then is there a way to change my details so it looks like a new device? My phone is jailbroken so Cydia apps are fine
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:52 PM   #4
naz-dream-boys
macrumors member

anybody?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone