Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:53 AM   #1
jekyl
macrumors regular

Upgrade to the latest iOS, now dead?

This morning my ipod touch (4G 32gig) showed a new iOS update (6.1.2?) but failed the update. I thought little of it, connected to my macbook (Mountain Lion) and tried through itunes. Now the ipod is caught in recovery mode and nothing I've tried has budged it. Tried restarting it, shutting it down, connecting to another computer, all attempts to restore it fail, nothing brings it back to an iOS screen. I got this as a refurb for an out of warrantee replacement for my 2 year old ipod that white screened exactly one week ago. The Apple store is nearly two hours away so I'd rather hate to make the drive again. Is there any hope at all?
jekyl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch