Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
How do you purchase an app that you will want to download later? Like - today, Plants vs Zombies is free - I told someone to get it quick but she doesn't have enough space on her phone right now...

Thanks.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I tried to download it not connected to WiFi. I signed in and everything but the purchase did not show on my account because the download never took place. I would assume it would be the same if you don't have space on your phone.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Yes it's possible.
When you purchase an app or even click install on a free app, when it starts downloading go to the icon while it shows download progress and single tap on it. You will see that it shows Paused.

That's it. Come home and then get on wifi or whatever and then tap on it again to resume download.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Yep, just download it on your computer to your itunes library and then you have it there and also in your purchased history for download on any device later.
In fact, that's the only way to do it if she's out of room.

Yes it's possible.
When you purchase an app or even click install on a free app, when it starts downloading go to the icon while it shows download progress and single tap on it. You will see that it shows Paused.

That's it. Come home and then get on wifi or whatever and then tap on it again to resume download.
If she's out of room it won't even allow her to buy it.

piano007

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013

If you buy any apps from apple apps store then the apps automatically downloaded into your iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.