Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
What issues?

Many people are having severe issues. Full signal strength with drop outs on the 4S and 4, making the wifi unusable. Some have the wifi greyed out completely.

On the iPhone 5, some people only have a good connection when in the same room as the wireless router. Turn a corner, and it dies, even though it still has full bars in the connection.

Consistent drop offs with full bars.

Everyone had zero issues with the same devices (the 4S and 4's) on iOS 5. This all started with 6.0. Apple pushed out one wifi fix, and it didn't fix everything.

Not everyone is experiencing this, but there are hundreds of posts on the Apple forums with these issues. It effects iPod touches and iPads as well.

DFU restore doesn't help. Jailbreaking doesn't help. Resetting network settings doesn't help. Changing setting on the router doesn't help. Some are temporary, but the problem always comes back. It's a software bug, that needs fixing for this who have issues.

Just a few...

This one with 156 replys...
https://discussions.apple.com/message/21176656#21176656

iOS 6.1 wifi issues

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
27484896.jpg

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
It won't be too long until people recount "memories" of him walking on water and feeding 10,000 people from 5 magic mice and a MacBook Air!

Well, it was winter so the lake was frozen. The five magic mice were for backup only and the MacBook Air was used to order 2500 pizzas.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
I have a wake for sleep issue where it makes the screen dark as hell. I have to hit the sleep button up top to sleep it and get the screen back to normal. It's a bug with the autodimming/brightening feature.

This happens to me too.

berniefl36

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
I still have the wifi bug that when I watch live m3u8 streams on wifi the stream buffers continuesly and stops while it works fine on LTE and 4g,, tried everything with no luck,, even bought a new router and changed Dns setting,,, no software upgrade has fixed it,, I think it's hardware related :(

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
In case people didnt see the blog stuck in the iOS Page, 6.1.2 is covered by the Evaders...
Now the question is if 6.1.3 will be...
Im not taking that chance..will be restoring and rejailbreaking to 6.1.2 tonight:D

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
All these updates? Seriously? Could they not have gotten all of this right within one update?
:apple:

Exactly. Many people with iphone are getting the sense the OS is infected or unstable b/c they only had so many updates with Windows XP.

Horrible user experience to have to update your OS 3 times in one month. I thought Forstall leaving would IMPROVE iOS. Guess not.

:mad:

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
All these updates? Seriously? Could they not have gotten all of this right within one update?

Wouldn't have happened under Jobs! :apple:

Dude seriouslly. You need to move on. You need to let Steve go. We have Tim and Sir Jonny now. Mistakes happen under any CEO of any company.

Riot Nrrrd

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
Lost Androideles
In case people didnt see the blog stuck in the iOS Page, 6.1.2 is covered by the evad3rs...
Now the question is if 6.1.3 will be...

I have seen several Tweets from people who said that 6.1.3 beta 2 breaks the untethered evasi0n Jailbreak. They can still boot tethered so they are still Jailbroken; but it breaks the untether.

I think it might be safe to assume that unless by some miracle evasi0n 1.5 can work around this, that the evasi0n untethered JB will be gone with 6.1.3 final.

See for example this Tweet from @digidude512

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Give us one OS release per day. Show Google who is the man! :p

There is a very good reason why Apple released this as a Beta rather than to the General Public: I tried to install this from an IOS 6.1.2 Installation as an Upgrade from 32 Bit Windows 8 Pro Edition Itunes 11.0.2 and the Upgrade FAILED! I eventually had to put all 4 of my Apple Devices in DFU Mode to Upgrade from IOS 6.1.2, Just FYI.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
I have seen several Tweets from people who said that 6.1.3 beta 2 breaks the untethered evasi0n Jailbreak. They can still boot tethered so they are still Jailbroken; but it breaks the untether.

I think it might be safe to assume that unless by some miracle evasi0n 1.5 can work around this, that the evasi0n untethered JB will be gone with 6.1.3 final.

See for example this Tweet from @digidude512

You didn't expect Apple to LEAVE THE BARN DOOR OPEN PERMANENTLY did you? :D

----------

Do a search on Princeton Road in Zip Code 60102, it's actually supposed to be Whitehall Lane. :(

----------

You didn't expect Apple to LEAVE THE BARN DOOR OPEN PERMANENTLY did you? :D

----------

Do a search on Princeton Road in Zip Code 60102, it's actually supposed to be Whitehall Lane. :(

My Bug Report on the Previous Issue that I just mentioned regarding Whitehall Lane being called Princeton Road has been Open since IOS 6.0 Beta 1 and although the Problem uesd to be worse (a larger section of the street was previously Misnamed) it still has not been fixed 100% to my Satisfaction. :(

----------

Not this week. Again...

I thought General Public Releases USUALLY come out on Winds Day @ 10:00 P.S.T.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.