Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:04 PM   #1
thomamon
macrumors 6502a

New Monitor Setup... Please Help!

So I just bought a new monitor to hook up to my MBP.

I am very confused at setting it up so far. I purchased a Dell S2340M.

What is beyond confusing to me is that on certain things it looks awesome, its a beautiful picture sharp and very colorful. In Aperture it looks great and in most programs.

Where I am seeing images look awful are is on FireFox. And it is funny because it varies from website to website. Facebook looks awful, images there look too dark or too saturated. I don't even know the word to describe how it looks. The funny thing when I opened Safari to check, Facebook images looked fine!

But when I go to other sites, the images look fine.

I ran the calibration in the Mac O/S, which I hate btw. Its so hard to judge those stupid boxes, lol.

Any help or idea what it could be?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:16 PM   #2
forza69
macrumors 6502a

It's the browser. Firefox sucks.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:23 PM   #3
thomamon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza69 View Post
It's the browser. Firefox sucks.
I think part of it is the way I calibrated it... I am awful at that.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
Clinch you eyes while doing the calibration, it helps. (Yes, it does actually says so in the documentation)
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:56 PM   #5
thomamon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuly View Post
Clinch you eyes while doing the calibration, it helps. (Yes, it does actually says so in the documentation)
I saw that and tried it, but it doesn't really help.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals