Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:51 PM   #1
mrjosh
macrumors member

Simple reminders app that syncs with calendar (not just ical)

Hi all,
I've been using Reminders app which works well enough, but I'm trying to find something similar that will sync to the ios calendar, not just iCal.

I was going to try Thing, but it is very pricey for the mac app (and not sure if it syncs with calendar).

If this helps, what I ultimately want is this:

Ability to enter things on Mac and iphone and/or ipod touch
Ability to sync to all devices

very simple reminder/to-do list
--to sync with--
very simple calendar

very simple list maker (I may try paperless)

notes repository - will probably use evernote, but not sold.

*I use gmail, the wife does not. Right now, I'd like to move away from google calendar, and use iCal as my 'base' calendar.
mrjosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:56 PM   #2
BaldiMac
macrumors 604

I'm not sure what you are missing with the Reminders app. What do you mean by syncing to a calendar?

Apple's Reminders app syncs with Macs and iOS devices using iCloud, as does the Notes app.
BaldiMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:07 PM   #3
mrjosh
macrumors member

BaldiMac - thanks for the reply. What I'd like to do is open the calendar app, look at a specific day and see all my appointments and any reminders scheduled using the "Remind me On a Day" function.

It's my understanding that reminders syncs to iCal, but *not* the calendar app.

I don't want to have to input all my reminders into calendar/iCal; I'd also like to utilize location-based reminders.

Edit: if I'm missing something very basic here, please let me know.
mrjosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:40 PM   #4
BaldiMac
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjosh View Post
BaldiMac - thanks for the reply. What I'd like to do is open the calendar app, look at a specific day and see all my appointments and any reminders scheduled using the "Remind me On a Day" function.

It's my understanding that reminders syncs to iCal, but *not* the calendar app.

I don't want to have to input all my reminders into calendar/iCal; I'd also like to utilize location-based reminders.

Edit: if I'm missing something very basic here, please let me know.
That's a little more clear. Your reference to iCal threw me off. With the introduction of Reminders on the Mac with Lion, tasks have been removed from iCal (and it was renamed to Calendar).

I think what you are looking for is an app that will display calendar entries and reminders in a single view. Hopefully, someone else can provide a recommendation, because I prefer them separately.
BaldiMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:25 PM   #5
JNGold
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldiMac View Post
That's a little more clear. Your reference to iCal threw me off. With the introduction of Reminders on the Mac with Lion, tasks have been removed from iCal (and it was renamed to Calendar).

I think what you are looking for is an app that will display calendar entries and reminders in a single view. Hopefully, someone else can provide a recommendation, because I prefer them separately.
Pocket Informant and Agenda calendar. Calvetica also has both integrated but separates cal events and reminders in different tabs.
JNGold is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps