Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgould

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Columbus Ohio
Does anyone know of an app that will look at the videos that are in the iTunes library and go fetch the metadata from some source (IMDB, etc) and insert it in to the iTunes library. I'm slowly moving my media into iTunes in preparation of adding an Apple TV to the lineup to replace the Mac Mini sometime in the next few weeks.

My hangup is on the way that I have to hand enter all the meta data for each item. Just looking to try to simplify the more time consuming part of this project...

J

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Does anyone know of an app that will look at the videos that are in the iTunes library and go fetch the metadata from some source (IMDB, etc) and insert it in to the iTunes library. I'm slowly moving my media into iTunes in preparation of adding an Apple TV to the lineup to replace the Mac Mini sometime in the next few weeks.

My hangup is on the way that I have to hand enter all the meta data for each item. Just looking to try to simplify the more time consuming part of this project...

J
You can add the metadata to the file. No need to fetch it and add it to iTunes. I like using Subler for metadata.

jgould

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Columbus Ohio
You can add the metadata to the file. No need to fetch it and add it to iTunes. I like using Subler for metadata.

I'm talking things like descriptions, ratings, maybe cover images. Something like the Plex media server does for Plex. (Which I would still be using but it seems to really dislike my network for some reason...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.