Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgrrsh26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009

sgrrsh26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
I like to button setup and at that price I can't complain. Fused with my favorite buds? It'll be great.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
they have the "Newest version" but it only has 15 reviews so I'm skeptical

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Earphon...LAAQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1320102463&sr=8-3
They are only 8 bucks!

The "Old version" Has like 400 reviews. Any idea whats the difference?
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Earphon...BJ56/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1320102463&sr=8-4

My cat just gnawed on my brand new pair... >.< I was gonna buy these then mod the earpieces. Anyone have any experience with them?

They're knockoffs (the links above are, at least).

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
They are so unconfortable. I wonder how many people actually use the ones that came with their iDevice. Get a pair that has the soft removable rubber that goes in the ears.

There are a lot of them that have the same button setups, I have a few different ones. From Sony, Bose and klispch.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I like to button setup and at that price I can't complain. Fused with my favorite buds? It'll be great.

Well if you're happy with poor sound quality not to mention build quality then so be it.

----------

They are so unconfortable. I wonder how many people actually use the ones that came with their iDevice. Get a pair that has the soft removable rubber that goes in the ears.

There are a lot of them that have the same button setups, I have a few different ones. From Sony, Bose and klispch.

I never ever use the ones that come with my iDevices. They always get sold as brand new when I sell the device. In fact they never get taken out of the box. Headphones that are bundled with any product are typically cheaply made and of poor quality. The funny thing is I see so many people using them. I guess they just don't care.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
....but they are painful!!!

Yeah, I've seen people use them. Hell for $20 you can get ones so much better. Generally I spend more than that, but amost anything is better than the stock ones.

I never ever use the ones that come with my iDevices. They always get sold as brand new when I sell the device. In fact they never get taken out of the box. Headphones that are bundled with any product are typically cheaply made and of poor quality. The funny thing is I see so many people using them. I guess they just don't care.

dndlnx

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
I would never intentionally buy iPhone headphones by themselves, to begin with.

So, no. :)

sgrrsh26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Well if you're happy with poor sound quality not to mention build quality then so be it.

----------

In a retard voice
"I AM GOING TO CHANGE THE EARBUUUDDSSSSS"

powerocool

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
I've bought it once, they are knockoffs, really bad quality with one ear louder. I recommend going to the store if you want them.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
In a retard voice
"I AM GOING TO CHANGE THE EARBUUUDDSSSSS"

There is no need to be rude. If you don't want to accept sound advice that's up to you. Changing the earbuds isn't going to make the sound quality magically better or improve the build quality.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
Calling them rubbish? They are actually better than the stupid beats!

If you are audiophile you will appreciate them and for the price they are actually a steal!

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
You should get skull candy fix earphones, I use them as they don't fall out of my ears no matter how hard I try, and they also come with an inline mic for talking and using Siri with along with volume up and downs.

But that's my recommendation, you will hear many others so do your research and pick the ones that best suit your needs :)

Giuly

macrumors 68040

----------

Did you try them?

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Is this a known policy? First I have heard of it. Great if this is true. I have two sets that are failing that way.

Yeah. All of their hardware and accessories come standard with a 1 year warranty. Exchanged a failing mini display to vga adapter, my extra MagSafe charger, and a pair of headphones.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
You should get skull candy fix earphones, I use them as they don't fall out of my ears no matter how hard I try, and they also come with an inline mic for talking and using Siri with along with volume up and downs.

But that's my recommendation, you will hear many others so do your research and pick the ones that best suit your needs :)

Thank you for that. I got a pair of the in ear version when they released and haven't used anything since (except for the time I thought I had lost them and was using my back up earbuds then I found my fix ear buds lol) anyway love the sound quality and the fact that they don't fall out of my ear.

jollyreaper

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
Yeah. All of their hardware and accessories come standard with a 1 year warranty. Exchanged a failing mini display to vga adapter, my extra MagSafe charger, and a pair of headphones.

Mine are more than a year old. Do they ask for proof of purchase?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.