Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firestone12

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I got a excel sheet that has about 1800 contacts on them, how do I add them to my Ipad?

Thanks

medwards5025

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
If you have Outlook you can import your spreadsheet into Outlook, and then iTunes will sync your iPad contacts with Outlook.

However, if you got an iPad so you didn't have to mess with Microsoft, I don't know.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
Without knowing the exact structure of the spreadsheet its difficult to tell for sure but excel is pretty powerful. Try something along the lines of:

1. Export the file to a commonly used type, I recommend CSV.
2. If you have Excel, hopefully you also have Outlook and can import the files (look on the net, there are quite a few guides)
3. Sync iPad to Outlook.

If you are on a mac try using Address Book instead of Outlook for the import.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
If you don't have Outlook and/or don't want to go through any kind of connected sync, you can export them to CSV (like recommended above), upload them into a GMail account, and sync your contacts to your iOS device to that same account.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
You should be able to convert all your contacts in your Excel file into a single vCard file (there are free programs on the web for this). You can then import the vCard file contents into your Contacts at icloud.com.

I haven't tried though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.