Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:54 PM   #1
mdawid
macrumors member

Need help with iTunes 11.02

I just updated my iTunes to 11.02 and now have an issue. All songs in my library have the explanation mark next to them and it's telling me that it can't locate the song. I am able to see all my music in my iTunes folder under my user folder. How can I relink my entire library and hopefully not lose it?

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the update?

Please help. Thanks.
mdawid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Baklava
macrumors 6502a

Sounds strange. I would launch iTunes by pressing alt and manually chose the library. Maybe this fixes the problem.
MacRumors 'iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Models Popping Up in China [...]' - BornAgainMac 'This is what that Chinese chick was trying to say during the keynote. That it was going to be released early in China.'
Baklava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:09 PM   #3
mdawid
macrumors member

I still have no idea how this happened. But, I was able to successfully relocate 95% of my songs quickly. I located one the manual way and clicked to locate rest of library. This method found all but 65 songs. I guess I will have to manually add each one. Strange
mdawid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:04 PM   #4
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

I will jump in here with a different question, i have found that with this version that i can no longer delete songs from the cloud. It gives the the option to"Also hide these items in iCloud" , but i swear it used to say delete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 8.01.23 PM.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	398654  
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:22 AM   #5
JohnnyComeLatly
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
I will jump in here with a different question, i have found that with this version that i can no longer delete songs from the cloud. It gives the the option to"Also hide these items in iCloud" , but i swear it used to say delete.
It did. There was an album I accidentally purchased and it's an album I will never listen to. I deleted it and then it gives you a warning like your screenshot that allowed you to also delete from the cloud. If I recall, it also warned that if you deleted from the cloud as well, any subsequent download would be treated as new (e.g. you're paying for the song a second time).
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:03 AM   #6
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLatly View Post
It did. There was an album I accidentally purchased and it's an album I will never listen to. I deleted it and then it gives you a warning like your screenshot that allowed you to also delete from the cloud. If I recall, it also warned that if you deleted from the cloud as well, any subsequent download would be treated as new (e.g. you're paying for the song a second time).
Thanks, i feel better knowing that others notice the change. Maybe it does not matter but i kind of liked the "delete" better.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:15 PM   #7
Mike MA
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
Thanks, i feel better knowing that others notice the change. Maybe it does not matter but i kind of liked the "delete" better.
I can confirm the change was also made to the German version.

Maybe there even was some kind of a legal background to change the wording. I remember several times I deleted a track and again added it some time later - it immediately appeared as uploaded again. So there seems to exist some kind of buffering, which is quite normal for any database as it's not being reorganized every day...but that's just a guess.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store