||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|Feb 21, 2013, 09:20 PM||#1|
Just got my first mac and I have some questions....
I just bought my first apple PC - the iMac.
I got a store configuration with the following
3.2 GHz core i5
8 gigs of ram (gonna upgrade soon)
1 tb hard drive (wanted fusion but the only configuration with fusion was 2,600 and wasn't trying to spend that!!!)
1 GB of GDDR5 memory
Magic Trackpad (I love this thing already!!!)
Now my questions are as follows:
1. I was told by the guy at the apple store that if I tried to copy files over from my old windows format to my new apple PC that it would reformat the drive and erase EVERYTHING on it without copying it, is this true? If it is, how would I get my stuff off of my my old PC?
2. The downloads in the taskbar, it doesn't look like it's making any progress, I clicked on it, but I see a progress bar, but no estimated time left (is there a way to pull that up?) on the download. How can I check this info?
3. how does mac handle zip files and other compressed file formats?
4. Is there any software to mount an ISO to have the new PC read it as if it were a disc in the drive so that I can install some stuff? I have backups of some software and without a DVD drive I wouldn't be able to install it.
5. How do I do boot camp to run windows 7? Where is a guide for that?
Sorry for so many questions, I'm formerly a windows guy making the transition.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Switch to Mac - questions, questions||bscrabble||iMac||8||Apr 1, 2013 09:30 PM|
|NEW MAC USER; Few Mac Related Questions.||8MYAPPLE||MacBook Air||9||Dec 10, 2012 01:01 PM|
|New to Mac - Questions About Reading & Transferring Data between PC & MAC RAID drives||coolshop||Mac Peripherals||0||Dec 2, 2012 04:15 PM|
|New Mac user with Mac mini to Apple TV questions||guygardner2020||Apple TV and Home Theater||4||Nov 23, 2012 12:21 PM|
|First Mac and I Have a Few Questions||anonjd||MacBook Air||2||Sep 17, 2012 03:59 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.