Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:34 PM   #1
lightz39
macrumors regular

Razer Orochi

Does anyone have any experience with this mouse? I am thinking about returning my magic mouse and buying this instead. I love the magic mouse but I game on my macbook. The razer seems like a better bet for me in the long run. Just curious if you think this is a good buy or if anything else I should look at?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:40 PM   #2
blueroom
macrumors 603

I have one and love it. You'll need BTT to get two of the side buttons to do anything while wireless (won't work with the near useless Razor driver).
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:45 PM   #3
lightz39
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroom View Post
I have one and love it. You'll need BTT to get two of the side buttons to do anything while wireless (won't work with the near useless Razor driver).
I don't so much mind about the side buttons. I never use the ones on my wireless mouse I have now. I just want a distinct left and right mouse click. The reason I don't want to use my current mouse is it has a wireless dongle that well sucks. I sit on my bed and have my laptop on my desk (like 2 feet away if that) and it freezes and lags. Bluetooth is much better imo.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:32 AM   #4
Scrapula
macrumors 6502

I've been using mine for about 8 months. It takes 2 AA batteries and also comes with an emergency USB cable if you let the batteries die. You use the side buttons for the initial pairing. I turn mine off after use, then when it comes back on it does not need to be paired again. I really like it. It fits my hand nicely. I have last year's model that doesn't need the online software.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Blaine
macrumors 6502a

I wish companies would release Bluetooth 4 mice that use low power. They're potentially supposed to last years before they need to be recharged. One website said keyboard batteries might last 7 years before needing to get replaced. I just don't understand why no one has made Bluetooth 4 peripherals yet. :/
Blaine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:46 AM   #6
Tucom
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
I wish companies would release Bluetooth 4 mice that use low power. They're potentially supposed to last years before they need to be recharged. One website said keyboard batteries might last 7 years before needing to get replaced. I just don't understand why no one has made Bluetooth 4 peripherals yet. :/

I think the new Orochi IS BlueTooth 4.0? I can't check at the moment but it was some newer technology.
Tucom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Stella
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucom View Post
I think the new Orochi IS BlueTooth 4.0? I can't check at the moment but it was some newer technology.
No, Bluetooth 3.0.

I was very happy when this mouse worked with my early 2011 Macbook Pro - was expecting to have to use it wired.. Apple advertise BT2.1 + EDR, when in fact the early 2011 has Bluetooth 3.0.

Last edited by Stella; Feb 21, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
Stella is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:09 PM   #8
blueroom
macrumors 603

Got the 2013 Orochi today. BlueTooth 3.0 and higher resolution laser. Seems to have the buttons mapped as a keyboard so you can control all seven buttons on OSX (using BTT).

Superior in almost every way to the older Orochi except it goes to sleep in about 2 minutes but a wiggle and click wake it up.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals