Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 26, 2008, 03:13 PM   #1
FelonyRuckus
macrumors newbie

iTunes won't play shows...

I tried to do a search and couldn't find anything...

I bought a TV show from the iTunes store, The Unit, and it played once on my computer but, now it won't play again. It says its in my iTunes but it won't play, that also goes for few of my other shows. Is there a way to try and find them? I'm sorry but, I'm a MAC newbie and its frustrating...
8 GB 3G iPhone
FelonyRuckus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 04:11 PM   #2
sharky05
macrumors regular

This should determine if you can play the file at all, then we can work to playing it in itunes...

Select the show in itunes and hit command-I. This brings up the info about it. look at the 'where' entry at the bottom of the window, and try and find that path in finder (it's usually in [your home directory]/music/iTunes/iTunes Music/TV Shows or something)

Once you've found the file, right click on it and go to 'Open With' and try 'Quicktime Player' from the list.

Does that play your file?
Old Aug 16, 2008, 03:11 PM   #3
ikondave
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelonyRuckus View Post
I tried to do a search and couldn't find anything...

I bought a TV show from the iTunes store, The Unit, and it played once on my computer but, now it won't play again. It says its in my iTunes but it won't play, that also goes for few of my other shows. Is there a way to try and find them? I'm sorry but, I'm a MAC newbie and its frustrating...
A simple reset was all I needed to fix the same problem.
ikondave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:29 PM   #4
dcmx252
macrumors newbie

Can't play TV Shows from Finder folder iTunes Media

I found the file in my finder folder and tried to open with QuickTime and got the same result as in iTunes. Black screen. Now what?
dcmx252 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store